The grand prize quiz 1

A Companion Unobtrusive

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 7 2004, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 7 2004, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 10:31 PM)
Question 5:

How was the Tidal Pools water sound on Natural Science (studio version) created?

Neil and Alex went out onto a lake close to Le Studio and and splashed the water gently with their hands.

Actually it was done with oars but I'm sure u should score the point, madra.

From the tourbook:

"Frivolities aside, the work continued as we plowed through a mountain of overdubs. Alex and I splashed oars in the lake with shivering hands to record the "Tide Pool" effects, voices and guitar sounds were sent out over the lake to make use of it's natural echo, the tympani was recorded outdoors, guitar amps were strung all over the building to take advantage of as many different sounds as possible."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fan since 74? I thought I was an old fan - I went out and got Fly by night in the summer of '75 after hearing By-tor on the radio. Maybe I'm the oldest European fan around?

Still remember when Caress of Steel was released. I was still 14 years old, and for a long time I thought it was called CARELESS of Steel! wacko.gif

The Companion

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 8 2004, 04:25 AM)
A fan since 74? I thought I was an old fan - I went out and got Fly by night in the summer of '75 after hearing By-tor on the radio. Maybe I'm the oldest European fan around?

Still remember when Caress of Steel was released. I was still 14 years old, and for a long time I thought it was called CARELESS of Steel! wacko.gif

The Companion

I've been a fan since '78. I'm a year and a half younger than you though laugh.gif

Now where's the next question? 1022.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 8 2004, 04:55 AM)

The Companion

I've been a fan since '78. I'm a year and a half younger than you though laugh.gif

I'm waiting for next lyric in Rush Lyric Guessing Game...so what's it gonna be rickyrob?? 1022.gif

The Companion

Hey there Companion. Although I'm sure I'm not the oldest at almost 43, I do remember listening to the LP "Rush" (remember those... LP's? laugh.gif ) that my friends older sister had just bought. I was 12 then and here comes "Finding My Way" out of the speakers. Been hooked ever since! Great game, BTW, Companion! And always glad to have another of "my generation" of fans around (and you too, rickyrob)! Us "ol' farts" need to stick together! laugh.gif

Hey! I need a little "old man with a walker" emoticon to use here! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 8 2004, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 8 2004, 04:55 AM)

Yes, where the hell did I put it? confused13.gif

I'm sure it'll turn up some time! cool.gif

doh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 8 2004, 01:09 PM)
Question 6:

On the back cover of what album by what band can you read "Special thanks to the people at Plaza 2 and our friends Rush"?

This is a complete guess:

Max Webster, Max Webster - the debut album

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Dec 8 2004, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 8 2004, 01:44 PM)

Hey!  I need a little "old man with a walker" emoticon to use here! rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/old.gif

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/bis.gif

PERFECT!!! Thanks Chas! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Dec 8 2004, 07:23 PM)

OK OK, but I promise you, there's no such thing as a fish licence.

There's no such thing as a cat license! cat.gif That's a dog license with the word "dog" crossed out and "cat" written in in crayon!

Question 6:

On the back cover of what album by what band can you read "Special thanks to the people at Plaza 2 and our friends Rush"?

Is it UFO - Strangers In The Night ? confused13.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Dec 9 2004, 05:32 AM)
Question 6:

Is it UFO - Strangers In The Night ? confused13.gif

Oh oh - is Black Rose - Thin Lizzy ?

No harm, both wrong.

In a while I may post a hint, and the rule is:

After a hint has been posted, all previous guesses are "erased", and everyone can have a go again. So fire away, you may get a second shot - unless someone gets it right of course!

The Companion

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 8 2004, 06:09 PM)
Question 6:

A wild guess -

Our Lady Peace - Happiness Is Not A Fish That You Can Catch

.......isn't google a great thing biggrin.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 9 2004, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 8 2004, 06:09 PM)
Question 6:

A wild guess -

Our Lady Peace - Happiness Is Not A Fish That You Can Catch

.......isn't google a great thing biggrin.gif

I tried searching on google and came up with nowt. How'd you manage that?

unsure.gif

Archived