Avenged Sevenfold !!

launchpad67a

I was on a trip this week and heard a new band ( to me at least). These guys are just amazing. I suggest checking them out. Very 'prog metal' and the drummer smokes!! Here's their site.

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/

I'm trying to check them out but it's making me download quicktime7 and it's taking forever to load on this computer.

Kazz, of all people I figured you knew of these guys. smile.gif

I checked out about 15 of their tunes last night and to be honest...they are just too heavy for my taste. The song I heard on the radio was killer but the songs I was listening to last night were really hardcore. I can't seem to find the one that's getting air play. When I do I'll post it.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Oct 7 2005, 11:15 AM)
I checked out about 15 of their tunes last night and to be honest...they are just too heavy for my taste. The song I heard on the radio was killer but the songs I was listening to last night were really hardcore. I can't seem to find the one that's getting air play. When I do I'll post it.

Yeah, I'm like you, I like some of their stuff, but the rest I could really care less for. I remember they had a song on the Madden video games a couple years ago and it wasn't that great, but the one on NHL this year is pretty good. They have talent and I'll give them that.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 7 2005, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Oct 7 2005, 11:15 AM)

Yeah, I'm like you, I like some of their stuff, but the rest I could really care less for. I remember they had a song on the Madden video games a couple years ago and it wasn't that great, but the one on NHL this year is pretty good. They have talent and I'll give them that.

Are they a love them or hate them deal as with Dream Theater? I've heard one of their songs on the Madden game that Kazz speaks of, but that's it. I wasn't really that impressed with it, but their other material is probably a lot different.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Oct 8 2005, 01:41 AM)

Are they a love them or hate them deal as with Dream Theater?

And Rush...............

These guys seem pretty cool. 1022.gif

I like what I have heard from them. They are touring right now with Coheed and Cambria. I was planning on going to the show in Louisville tonight but ended up having to work so I didn't make it. sad.gif

I heard them last year some time, they were ok. My Son really likes them just not my thing. I mean I can listen to them if they are on but I wont be the one that puts them on.

Link

Speaking of this band I just came across this.

Avenged Sevenfold is a metal band from Huntington Beach, CA. The San Antonio Express-News recently conducted an interview with The Rev (aka James Sullivan), the band's drummer. In the interview he talks about compliments he's gotten from other musicians, including Neil Peart:

... "Metallica came to one of our shows, and it was amazing," Rev says. "They were my favorite band when I was growing up. We're playing some dates with them in Europe in June. They said they were big fans of the music and didn't give a (care) what we looked like. Mike Portnoy, who is Dream Theater's drummer, said he was thrown off by our image but really liked us once he heard us.

"And I got a big compliment from (Rush drummer) Neil Peart, who said something like I was one of the best working drummers today." ...

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Apr 14 2006, 11:05 AM)
The song I've heard don't have much screaming( if there is screaming it's more like Bruce Dickinson)

The song is "Darkness Sorrounding" that I listened to...screaming/bad yelling totally turned me off. wacko.gif

if you like the music but don't like their screaming listen to stuff from City of Evil, their newest album. the singer had to have surgery on his voice so he can't scream very much anymore. The whole CD has relatively no screaming. maybe a couple big yells that kinda border on screaming but no all out screamed lyrics or anything. it's really good too.

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Apr 14 2006, 02:44 PM)
if you like the music but don't like their screaming listen to stuff from City of Evil, their newest album. the singer had to have surgery on his voice so he can't scream very much anymore. The whole CD has relatively no screaming. maybe a couple big yells that kinda border on screaming but no all out screamed lyrics or anything. it's really good too.

cool! i'll check them out biggrin.gif 1022.gif thanks!

Archived