Geddy and Neil Jazz Project?

Steve Smith

No thanks...

You'd be all over it faster than Alex Lifeson saying "Lita Ford naked"

(Im going to ignore that Lita comment, because its just stupid)

I have not liked the jazz stuff that Neil have done, so why would I like this? To me, they are a prog rock band. It would be like Pink Floyd starting making rap music.

I didn't necessarily mean you'd like it. I meant that you'd quickly acquire it. After all, you've got the money and no regrets!

I found a wallet once. I took the money from it and then I let rest of the wallet be on the ground. I dont regret it at all.

What the fuc.k you talking about? I dont have much money, just the opposite. Besides, thats none of your damn business how I spend my money you fuc.king douchebag! Now why dont you just leave me the fuc.k alone and stop trying to piss me off all the time!

I love it when you call me douchebag.

• Like 1

No thanks...

I have not liked the jazz stuff that Neil have done, so why would I like this? To me, they are a prog rock band. It would be like Pink Floyd starting making rap music.

I didn't necessarily mean you'd like it. I meant that you'd quickly acquire it. After all, you've got the money and no regrets!

I found a wallet once. I took the money from it and then I let rest of the wallet be on the ground. I dont regret it at all.

What the fuc.k you talking about? I dont have much money, just the opposite. Besides, thats none of your damn business how I spend my money you fuc.king douchebag! Now why dont you just leave me the fuc.k alone and stop trying to piss me off all the time!

I have learned to bite my lip JB. Perhaps it takes others a little longer

• Like 1

No thanks...

Don't be too hard on him JB please. He has reacted aggressively so you have won the argument, he is probably a nice guy. We never know how others are feeling or what is going on in their life at any particular time. Look at me? I was the world's biggest asshole, now I hope we are friends XXX

;) ;) ;)

No thanks...

Don't be too hard on him JB please. He has reacted aggressively so you have won the argument, he is probably a nice guy. We never know how others are feeling or what is going on in their life at any particular time. Look at me? I was the world's biggest asshole, now I hope we are friends XXX

;) ;) ;)

"Don't be too hard on HIM"?! I could smell his spit as he swore at me. :LOL:

You silly bastard. ;)

There was nothing to "win" or anything I was even trying to win.

No thanks...

;) ;) ;)

You silly bastard. ;)

Hey!!!!!! don't f***ing start on me dude! I am not trying to say anything. Why you being so defensive JB?

No thanks...

;) ;) ;)

You silly bastard. ;)

Hey!!!!!! don't f***ing start on me dude! I am not trying to say anything. Why you being so defensive JB?

Sheesh. I'm not. I'm not swearing at anyone and I'm giving you " :LOL: " and " ;) "

• Like 1

No thanks...

;) ;) ;)

You silly bastard. ;)

Sheesh. I'm not. I'm not swearing at anyone and I'm giving you " :LOL: " and " ;) "

OK JB I'm sorry

No thanks...

I agree that Neil doing jazz is a very bad idea.

Neil is a great drummer.. but swing is not really his strong suit or style...

Neil is not in the same league as Buddy who was the "King" as far a Jazz goes.

But hey man? he is not that bad

:drool: :drool: :smash:

Or that good.

:ph34r:

I could be confrontational and say that he has made millions in his successful career and is widely respected by his peers, all you can do is make derogatory comments about him on an internet forum. But I don't wish to do that because I am not mean spirited

:P :P :P

He is a great rock drummer, and the driving force of RUSH's music. But his style doesn't lend itself to jazz. Simply put, he hits too hard.
  • Like 1

No thanks...

Or that good.

I could be confrontational and say that he has made millions in his successful career and is widely respected by his peers, all you can do is make derogatory comments about him on an internet forum. But I don't wish to do that because I am not mean spirited

He is a great rock drummer, and the driving force of RUSH's music. But his style doesn't lend itself to jazz. Simply put, he hits too hard.

OK fair point

We cant all be good at everything

Problem is with all of this online stuff is that it is very difficult to know whether someone is serious or not.

These are clues:

:LOL:

:P

;)

:poke:

:joker:

:cheers:

:fistbump:

• Like 2

No thanks...

Or that good.

OK fair point

In Neil's case, great. No need to feel sorry for him in that respect.
  • Like 1

Problem is with all of this online stuff is that it is very difficult to know whether someone is serious or not.

These are clues:

;)

Why do I still feel you are mocking me?

I prefer real social interaction though

• Like 1

These are clues:

;)

:huh:

Assume humor as the default with all of my posts. I'm here for a good time.

• Like 1

No thanks...

Or that good.

OK fair point

Ok so we have established that Neil should stick to rock not Jazz, and IMHO Alex is not a Jazz player.

What about Geddy?

• Like 1

These are clues:

;)

JB we are here for a good time not a long time. OK I understand XXXXX

• Like 1

No thanks...

Or that good.

OK fair point

Ok so we have established that Neil should stick to rock not Jazz, and IMHO Alex is not a Jazz player.

What about Geddy?

Bass is easy. He'd be fine.

(Is EagleMoon around?)

Geddy could pull it off, I think. Actually, if you listen to Available Light, it's very jazzy, and Alex does a fine job (start at 1:40 and listen to what Alex pulls off). Also listen to Neil. He has has the timing, but not the touch. Every drum is just pounded.

• Like 1

These are clues:

;)

JB we are here for a good time not a long time. OK I understand XXXXX

"JB"? :unsure: Okay now I'm confused as i wasn't in on this part of the conversation :unsure:

No thanks...

Or that good.

OK fair point

What about Geddy?

Bass is easy. He'd be fine.

(Is EagleMoon around?)

Geddy could pull it off, I think. Actually, if you listen to Available Light, it's very jazzy, and Alex does a fine job (start at 1:40 and listen to what Alex pulls off). Also listen to Neil. He has has the timing, but not the touch. Every drum is just pounded.

OK

Ancient Ways has made a sarcastic comment to me "Sometimes you will learn that you don't need to have the last word in an argument"

So I just hit the like button and wont reply. So then he has had the last word and can maybe think about that