2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Phelan's achievement in winning this award is certainly more impressive.

Given that he had no new signings until recently and umpteen injuries to work with, he deserved it in my obviously not at all biased opinion! Let's see what he can do with options to choose from the bench! :o

I'm not especially confident about tomorrow, though. We have a pretty shocking recent record at Burnley, 5 defeats in our last 6!

• Like 1

Celtic V the New rangers kicks off at 1pm tomorrow.

Even without Griffiths ( Not yet confirmed he won't play) we should still have far too much

for them, especially with the home crowd on our side.

Barton has continued to shoot his mouth off while being run ragged on the pitch.

Brown has kept his consul despite Barton's childish rantings on Twitter. He has been in this

situation many times before and will not be phased one bit by the occasion.

It will be interesting to see if Barton can keep his head in an atmosphere like nothing he has experienced before.....

Don't take my word for it, I have the best references possible. Yes, I'm bigging up my fellow fans with this but all these guys can't be wrong....

:coy:
  • Like 1

Even without Griffiths ( Not yet confirmed he won't play) we should still have far too much

Barton has continued to shoot his mouth off while being run ragged on the pitch.

Brown has kept his consul despite Barton's childish rantings on Twitter. He has been in this

It will be interesting to see if Barton can keep his head in an atmosphere like nothing he has experienced before.....

Don't take my word for it, I have the best references possible. Yes, I'm bigging up my fellow fans with this but all these guys can't be wrong....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAOY16unbE :coy:

I think Barton will get sent off. I could post numerous videos of him being a reactionary hothead, but you already know!

And I cannot deny that your fans are among the best in football!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAOY16unbE :coy:

I think Barton will get sent off. I could post numerous videos of him being a reactionary hothead, but you already know!

And I cannot deny that your fans are among the best in football!

I also can't argue with some of the people that praised them in that video!

• Like 1

I missed it until today, but it was the 40th birthday of my favourite ever Hull City AFC footballer on Wednesday.

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ash-wembcheer.jpg

Virtually no one outside of Hull will know who he is, but Ian Ashbee is the only player in the history of English football to have captained the same side through all 4 divisions.

• Like 1

To be fair, it's European matches and Derbies that brings out that "extra level" of noise and theatre.

But it really is something.

Imagine Hull winning the league in the last second of the match, and the reaction that would bring.

In these games, it's pretty much like that for the full 90. Especially if we are winning.

It also takes the players to a level they would normally not reach.

Players on both sides who can't handle it, are in danger of being subbed before half-time,

or of being sent off.

What about this Manchester derby? I wonder if 2 sides of superstars will simply cancel each other out

and serve up a 0-0.

What's the "Big One" for Hull this season?

I missed it until today, but it was the 40th birthday of my favourite ever Hull City AFC footballer on Wednesday.

Virtually no one outside of Hull will know who he is, but Ian Ashbee is the only player in the history of English football to have captained the same side through all 4 divisions.

http://youtu.be/ATg6yyyY8eo

That's an incredible achievement that deserves some kind of recognition from the FA, even if it was just to make the draw for one of the cup competitions.

Hull should consider a statue outside the ground or naming one of the stands in his honour at some stage.

Clubs history, and the characters that form it are so important.

• Like 1

To be fair, it's European matches and Derbies that brings out that "extra level" of noise and theatre.

But it really is something.

Imagine Hull winning the league in the last second of the match, and the reaction that would bring.

In these games, it's pretty much like that for the full 90. Especially if we are winning.

It also takes the players to a level they would normally not reach.

Players on both sides who can't handle it, are in danger of being subbed before half-time,

or of being sent off.

What about this Manchester derby? I wonder if 2 sides of superstars will simply cancel each other out

and serve up a 0-0.

What's the "Big One" for Hull this season?

I think the Manchester derby is the sort of game that suites Mourinho down to the ground. He often grinds out results against bigger or similar sized clubs.

I don't think we really have a stand out game, certainly no local derbies, but I would like to see us finally get one over Arsenal, we've not had sufficient revenge against them since they beat us in the cup final 2 years ago!

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how it goes with 2 managers renowned for their tactical know-how.

Pep hardly knows what it's like to lose a league game, but he has a hard time forming relationships with his players.

He used to go bonkers every time Bayern conceded a goal.

Big test for him tomorrow.

http://youtu.be/ATg6yyyY8eo

That's an incredible achievement that deserves some kind of recognition from the FA, even if it was just to make the draw for one of the cup competitions.

Hull should consider a statue outside the ground or naming one of the stands in his honour at some stage.

Clubs history, and the characters that form it are so important.

I hope either the statue or renaming of a stand happens in future, he deserves it and I think most people would support it.