Get In The Real Metal Ring! JUDAS PRIEST VS IRON MAIDEN! WHICH BRITISH DOUBLE AXE METAL BAND IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD? UP THE SINNER!

RUSHHEAD666

JUDAS PRIEST VS IRON MAIDEN! "THE RIPPER?" "KILLERS?" SOMEWHERE IN TIME! I Need "PIECE OF MIND!"  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of These Two EPIC British Heavy Metal Bands Is The Greatest Of All Time?

• IRON MAIDEN
    • JUDAS PRIEST

Ok kiddies. Disclaimer right off the heavy metal bat. I know I said "double axe" in my title header and i think it should still be that way despite iron Maiden having a useless third guitarist in the band. Personally I think he won the fukking heavy metal lottery. Why the HELL does MAIDEN even need this guy?

WASTE OF TIME AND A PAYCHECK!

Anyway let's get back to business. This poll might have already been done but fukk it.

We Metal Maniacs (as Rob would say) are quite blessed. It's 2015 and we still get to see Judas Priest and Iron Maiden LIVE! Both bands also put out quality records too, yet in my mind nothing really touches their old stuff.

I would take "Redeemer Of Souls" over "Book Of Souls." Would you??? Another poll perhaps?? Nah!

So I don't want to hear or read your shit on here Metal Posers that it's apples to oranges or oh my God you can't compare these two bands! UGH!

What did Paul Stanley say on his solo 1978 album? "MOVE ON!"

This thread is dedicated to METAL MANICS LIKE YOU AND ME! UP THE IRONS!!!!

Both of these bands RULE! So hence how can you pick one? Well you must or just push your back button and go type another boring thread about RUSH!

I have to go with JUDAS PRIEST. Not just because I just saw them last night but for me it's all about Rob Halford. I know Bruce is a pro fencer. A great futbol player. A lovely singer and a stud airline pilot. But fukk all of that shit. Means nothing to me when you enter the stage of METAL. Rob destroys the EGOIST by 666%!!!!

I know Priest is the Spinal Tap of drummers so I will take Nicko over the arrogant lame ass stick flipping bored Scott Travis. He was better in Racer X if you ask me.

As for the guitarists, I would take KK and Tipton. The blonde kid (well not a kid now) who replaced KK is exceptional. Better than that third guitarist in Maiden. Name escapes me. Don't care.

So what do you think?

Do you have the balls to choose?

I'm betting this thread will be a dud.

Time to take your "PAINKILLER" medication.

• Like 1

The turd I mean third guitarist in Maiden is Gers. Now he may be very talented but he is not needed in Iron Maiden.

Smith and Murray can handle the work.

On that note I would still take KK and Tipton instead. A given really.

Signed,

"BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH"

Maiden for me and in the last 3 albums Gers has really come into his own as a composer and guitarist. He's not just dead weight, he lays down the fat rhythm tracks and does act as a foil for Smith as he has been able to really stretch out and lead the guitar f***ing army.

I like Priest, but I am partial to the 70's incarnation of the group. I dig the proggy goodness.

Maybe Maiden made more great albums (but I'm with you regarding 'Redeemer' being better than TBOS if we are speaking of Heavy Metal) but Priest still stir quicker my blood.

HELL BENT, HELL BENT FOR LEATHER!

• Like 1

Maiden for me and in the last 3 albums Gers has really come into his own as a composer and guitarist. He's not just dead weight, he lays down the fat rhythm tracks and does act as a foil for Smith as he has been able to really stretch out and lead the guitar f***ing army.

I like Priest, but I am partial to the 70's incarnation of the group. I dig the proggy goodness.

Yo Bro! I like your take but let's just face facts. Gers does NOT belong in Iron Maiden.

Murray and Smith don't need that fat phat bullshit rhythm underneath their shredding. JMO

Maybe Maiden made more great albums (but I'm with you regarding 'Redeemer' being better than TBOS if we are speaking of Heavy Metal) but Priest still stir quicker my blood.

HELL BENT, HELL BENT FOR LEATHER!

Hey you OLD GEEZER! I love you man!!!!!!!! My veins are stirring with "BLOODSTONE!"

"SOME HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL" TONIGHT!

• Like 1

Yo Bro! I like your take but let's just face facts. Gers does NOT belong in Iron Maiden.

Murray and Smith don't need that fat phat bullshit rhythm underneath their shredding. JMO

Fair enough. My main issue now is the Steve's bass playing has become very rote. He has a style sadly it hasnt really evolved, so if you listen Gers provides some counterpoint to this. He plays with Nikko on a lot of stuff and embellishes the background, decorates it with color and energy. Plus he wrote Ghost of the Navigator and The Legacy..

Oh yeah, Judas Priest definitely does something for me that Iron Maiden just...doesn't quite manage, although I have nothing really against them. I'm with ya, Earl! :haz:

/friendship

haha..jk

You can't get rid of me that easily, DD! :madra:

:cheers:

Haha!!! Another Metal Brother who has joined Earl's Army!!!!

You rock Bean!!!

People either love me or hate me!!!

So be it! I love it!!

Yep! I get your take on Harris.

A bass pioneer now gone into the Zzzzzzz Zone.

Snooze fest. Boring.

Gers is still useless like a bull with double D tits.

• Like 2

I've never been able to get into Priest, Maiden all the way.

I love you too dude but I can't believe you have no love in your heart for PRIEST!!!!!

After "Seventh Son" I was DONE. Priest has some duds too but "In The End" to quote some lame band, PRIEST RULES!!!!!

I get bored at Maiden concerts. I WAS HEADBANGING ALL NIGHT LONG TO PRIEST!!!!!!

• Like 3

4-4!!!!

SO CLICHE! SO LAME!!!! I KNEW IT!

This poll will end in a tie.

I'm getting in my TIE FIGHTER and getting the flock out of here! That new Star Wars Trailer is totally LAME!!!!!!! MADE FOR TV? DISNEY AND JJ AND HASBRO HAVE DESTROYED IT ALL!

HIJACK ALERT!