DEADWOOD

Riv

Speaking of HBO, I caught the first season of Deadwood as it was airing and I was hooked. Deadwood became something I would look forward to all week like Monday Night Football or the Sopranos. I don't know if season 2 is airing yet, but the end of the first season was awesome and I bet it's just going to keep getting better.

Anyone else like this show? Forst season is out on DVD, I'll probably get it.

I, too, caught the first season and watched every espisode. The second season started quite some time ago, and it may even be over already. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to watch any of the episodes yet.

Witness, ye, of a post I made two years ago in regards to a show I once felt comfort in - before being thrust across continents at a beckons whim.

Yes, friends, this is a town called Deadwood. A show that humbles my sense of intelligence as I struggle to grasp what in the the hell is the meaning of the words these vagrants do speak of. Who talks like that? In the wild west? Surely Shakespeare was not summoned to pen a western series bequeathed by HBO holocaust survivors..

As it so happens I watched Deadwood religiously, week after week, until season one came to an abrupt and untimely demise.

Oh how I longed the hours until I could watch the next season unobtrusive to the perils of weekly sustainment and the constrictive restraints of a job never done.

WELL. Watch I did. Seasons 2 and 3 right in a row just recently. All to find out that HBO has ditched this show and left all of their fans blowing in the wind with no hope of a fourth season, having "freed" the actors of their contract. Freeing up money, I assume, to write such drivel as a touching story about an archaic version of a sequestered modern day Mormon family. Yea for morons i do say. Amazing all is needed in that noun is an "m". How about it, Vanna?

The speculation of a Deadwood movie will not satisfy my angst in being f*cked over by HBO in a storyline that begged my attention.