Happy Canada Day!

Aikenrooster

Happy Canada Day or should I say

Joyeux Jour du Canada to all the folk in the cold zone.. You get a national holiday to boot!

(Actually, it is "Bonne fête du Canada" :) )

Oh well, that's Google Translate for you !

• Like 1

Just cross-checked with the "Babylon" translator and on entering the exact same info' I get totally different answers.. WTF!

Don't like being made to look a chump no more than anybody else.. but that is (IMO) just "nuts".. taking-the-piss even!

• Like 1

Just cross-checked with the "Babylon" translator and on entering the exact same info' I get totally different answers.. WTF!

Don't like being made to look a chump no more than anybody else.. but that is (IMO) just "nuts".. taking-the-piss even!

I don't think you look a chump, Fred. I think what happens a lot of the time is that translators will translate individual words instead of the phrase as a whole. But no matter in your case, as what you wrote was understandable--we just say it differently here, that's all :) I for one really appreciate it when folks attempt French, so merci beaucoup, mon ami!

I don't think you look a chump, Fred. I think what happens a lot of the time is that translators will translate individual words instead of the phrase as a whole.

My former school district used to google translate official newletters and send them out to patents. Complete jibberish. One district would do the same with robocalls. Didn't do much to engage the Hispanic community.
  • Like 1