Altered/Shortened versions of songs

toymaker

What's your opinion about the changes?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Natural Science repeats "wheels within wheels" and loses the second solo. Do you care?

• I like the changes
    • I wish they'd leave the arrangement of the song like it is on the album
    • I like hearing the "wheels within wheels" part twice
    • I don't hear the point of doing "wheels within wheels" twice - I can't get used to it
    • I miss the second solo
    • I don't miss the second solo
    • I like the original electronic sound effects from the album during the "computerized clinic" part
    • I like the new R2D2 sound effects
  2. 2. Xanadu doesn't have the little outro part, with the melody played by Lee. Do you care?

• I love that part on the album, and it wouldn't kill them to play it.
    • Why really bother with the double neck if Lee's not going to play that little melody?
    • At that point in the song, it's pretty much over - I don't miss that part.
    • Give the guys a break - those guitars are heavy.
  3. 3. Cygnus X-1 is very altered - do you care?

• I wish they'd make an effort to play the original arrangment - even if Geddy radically altered the vocal.
    • I think it works cool as an instrumental, and I'm happy they're playing some version of it at all.
    • I miss the solo, one of Alex's most manic and passionate performances.

I think that songs being shortened and altered is to conserve time and energy so they could pull off this amazing intense and very taxing show they're putting on, which is absolutely fine with me. I'd rather hear these songs in shortened or altered versions than not at all.

Agreed. They've given us so much for decades, no reason to be greedy/sticklers now.