Morel Master of Goatnut, TN

Tombstone Mountain

I'm not a fan of mushrooms - I don't get how people like them. To each his own.

I will give all my share to anyone that wants 'em. :D

I have to speak quietly so Tombstone Mountain doesn't hear me, but I don't like mushrooms either. They kinda creep me out.

I won't tell.

All I can say is enjoy the freakshow, and see the beauty of Goatnut.

• Like 2

I found a really big mushroom. It's huge. Anybody care?

Define "care." I don't want to eat it, but would be interested in hearing about the experience.

• Like 1

Define "care." I don't want to eat it, but would be interested in hearing about the experience.

May I show you?

Since it's way too early for magic mushrooms, I guess it's dermatophyte? :popcorn:

• Like 1

May I show you?

Sure. Just don't feed it to me :P

• Like 1

May I show you?

http://www.myrecipes...bello-mushrooms

:drool: :D

Awesome link. Mushrooms can be so versatile. I have another video I'm putting up tonight...just downloading it now. It could be the morels finest hour. I found a shitload

• Like 1

May I show you?

http://www.myrecipes...bello-mushrooms

:drool: :D

Awesome link. Mushrooms can be so versatile. I have another video I'm putting up tonight...just downloading it now. It could be the morels finest hour. I found a shitload

Portabella burgers are so fu***** good!! :drool:

• Like 1

I'm not good at IDing scat but I think it may be a raccoon. This site has some different scat for comparison.

Cheater!

Wow--a scat site. This'll be interesting. That log has a direct view of the deer stand. Weird

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I'm not good at IDing scat but I think it may be a raccoon. This site has some different scat for comparison.

Cheater!

Wow--a scat site. This'll be interesting. That log has a direct view of the deer stand. Weird

I wasn't cheating! I guessed raccoon before looking for confirmation :D

• Like 1

You crack me up dude. :LOL:

That was awesome! I would love too camp/fish that stream. :D BTW, are you on your own property when you do your searching?

I search on my property, but I have the world's most awesome neighbors who give me access to their land to hunt, and utilize for my discgolf course. Yeah...it's a sweet deal!

• Like 1

That was awesome! I would love too camp/fish that stream. :D BTW, are you on your own property when you do your searching?

I search on my property, but I have the world's most awesome neighbors who give me access to their land to hunt, and utilize for my discgolf course. Yeah...it's a sweet deal!

Nice!! :ebert:

• Like 1

Nice!! :ebert:

So thrilled you get something out of the vids....it's been fun!

Cheater!

I wasn't cheating! I guessed raccoon before looking for confirmation :D

Closer to coyote IMO. Nothing indicating seeds that I could see. Raccoon had a ton of seeds

Do the same mushrooms that you pick grow back from the original stem?

Supposedly. Been trying to keep track of this to see if it's real, and it appears they regrow from very close proximity of the stem. These morels are excellent deepfried. Fantastic in eggplant parmesan. Really elevates that dish.

• Like 1

Do the same mushrooms that you pick grow back from the original stem?

Supposedly. Been trying to keep track of this to see if it's real, and it appears they regrow from very close proximity of the stem. These morels are excellent deepfried. Fantastic in eggplant parmesan. Really elevates that dish.

Sounds tasty!

We have mushrooms here but you really have to be careful not to eat poisonous ones. I will look for a book on them. Never really thought about searching for them.

• Like 1