Stand on Zanzibar

Hypatia

I should post this as part of the "What are you reading now" thread, but I'd rather start a new one for John Brunner, even if it's doomed to plummet from the front page.

So I'm reading Stand on Zanzibar for the fourth time and downright adoring it for the forth time. Are there a more intelligently-written, idea-rich and absorbing 650 pages anywhere else?

Anyone here ever read Brunner?

[/posting after two glasses of wine]

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 11 2005, 09:43 AM)
wow, i read this book when i was a very young teen.  i can't remember anything about it other than that it was a great book!  have you ever read Macroscope by Piers Anthony?

I think I read Macroscope when I was a teen, but all I can remember now is the cover. Is it anything like Stand on Zanzibar?

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Aug 11 2005, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 11 2005, 09:43 AM)
wow, i read this book when i was a very young teen.  i can't remember anything about it other than that it was a great book!  have you ever read Macroscope by Piers Anthony?

I think I read Macroscope when I was a teen, but all I can remember now is the cover. Is it anything like Stand on Zanzibar?

I read them both as a young teen, so my memory is hazy, but I at least I remember they weren't alike at all, other than both were big books and great sci-fi...

Archived