Alex talks about their rehearsal schedule for the tour.

EagleMoon

Al tends to exaggerate sometimes, so I wouldn't read too much into his quotes.

But you know what? All of the comments he's made in the last couple of years have come true. People just chose to be skeptical.

I read somewhere a few months ago that Geddy said he doesn't practice his singing when Rush is not "on the job." I don't know if Neil does, but I do remember him saying a long time ago that if he didn't practice the drums every day, he lost steam and it would be hard to regain it. So, when Alex says "We’re at that stage where we’ve just started playing. You don’t want to hear us.” - I believe him.

If you've read Neil's books, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't play every day. I would imagine he doesn't do it very much unless he's practicing towards something, like a tour or rehearsing to record.

Agree. To Neil, as smart as he is, he looks at Rush as a 'Job'.

Drummer is his occupation. It is not his life.

I think this is why they will walk away.

Neil is a very, rare bird in the history of Rock music. The music part is a job and very small part of who he sees Himself as in the world.

• Like 1

But you know what? All of the comments he's made in the last couple of years have come true. People just chose to be skeptical.

he's been quite off the mark when talking about set lists pre-tour, so I take what Al says with a grain of salt. Of all the 3, he tends to be the 'loose cannon'.

he's been quite off the mark when talking about set lists pre-tour, so I take what Al says with a grain of salt. Of all the 3, he tends to be the 'loose cannon'.

Just talked to Alex and for those skeptics he told me,

'Blah, Blah....Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah...Blah Blah'.

• Like 1

the rrhof speech is the purest definition of loose cannon. ;)

the rrhof speech is the purest definition of loose cannon. ;)

Ha. I love the way he walks up to the podium and kind of surveys the room, he has a huge grin on his face. Like he knows people are expxting him to say something wacky and then he comes out with that.

Thats why I love Alex. Thats why I love Rush. Alex is the energy. Neil is the CNS. Ged is the Lukewarm water. The Cygnus if you will. ;)

Set lists can change at any time.