Has anyone heard differences among remasters?

maxdistortion

Save a CD

Say NO to Remasters!!!

:)

Some remasters are great. Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, and The Doors works.

But I must admit, when I play the few Rush albums I have on vinyl, they sound irreplacable. Made for vinyl.

I listened to one this morning that was so bad. That's why I'm on my little kick. I'm sure not all of them are done so poorly, but the one I listened to made the remaster of Vapor Trails sound like Beethoven.

....and which one was it?

Days of Future Passed - The Moody Blues

I have that album burned into my brain. From the age of 15, I must have listened to it close to a thousand times. Maybe more.

The CD I listened to yesterday was absolutely awful. It was supposed to be an improvement on the original, but it was no improvement.

How bizarre. I wonder what they did to it to make it so bad?

Save a CD

Say NO to Remasters!!!

But I must admit, when I play the few Rush albums I have on vinyl, they sound irreplacable. Made for vinyl.

I listened to one this morning that was so bad. That's why I'm on my little kick. I'm sure not all of them are done so poorly, but the one I listened to made the remaster of Vapor Trails sound like Beethoven.

I have that album burned into my brain. From the age of 15, I must have listened to it close to a thousand times. Maybe more.

The CD I listened to yesterday was absolutely awful. It was supposed to be an improvement on the original, but it was no improvement.

Every instrument sounds separate. It's hard for me to explain. Not only that, there seems to be pauses in some songs that weren't there before.

• Like 1

Save a CD

Say NO to Remasters!!!

Every instrument sounds separate. It's hard for me to explain. Not only that, there seems to be pauses in some songs that weren't there before.

That sucks. :(

Oh yes, RushHead, definitely an audiophile. As the MFSL albums go, I've got Signals and PeW so far. Tracking down MP and 2112 soon. How do they compare with the blu-ray's stereo track?

I forgot to mention the "Signals" gold man. Isn't it cool that "The Weapon" is missing a line of lyrics?

Oh yes, RushHead, definitely an audiophile. As the MFSL albums go, I've got Signals and PeW so far. Tracking down MP and 2112 soon. How do they compare with the blu-ray's stereo track?

I forgot to mention the "Signals" gold man. Isn't it cool that "The Weapon" is missing a line of lyrics?

:o How awful. :o

As far as the Rush gold CD's go: MFSL's PW, MP, 2112, and Signals are a MUST OWN.

The Audio Fidelity gold and hybrid SACD's of RTB, Counterparts, Hemispheres, and Presto? Not so much. :/

Have you heard Hemispheres played back through a SACD player? I think it's wonderful. Presto, yeah I can agree there.

The high-res Sectors sets are worth it to me. 96kHz/24 bit. I can clearly hear a difference. The seperation of the instruments and depth of the overall sound is fantastic. Just my opinion. I've purchased many 192kHz/24 bit albums by other artists. The high-res is remarkable. Steely Dan's Gaucho is one in particular that sounded so much better than the CD.