Marathon Baseball Games

rickyrob

July 28 - My last night in Canada - early morning rise to get ready to go home to England. I know, I'll see if there's a baseball match on! Yaaaaaay! Blue Jays as well... vs the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (or whatever they are nowadays!). Should be a good match - errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nope! What's a RUN??????? rofl3.gif

So there's me watching this match with my Auntie (now 70 years young)....and I'm desperately trying to explain to her the rules of the game whilst at the same time WAITING and WAITING and WAITING for a RUN to be scored. Its a run! Oooh heck LA scored - doesn't go down well. Ah, Toronto equalise in the same innings - the last one! OT.....extended game but heck it should be over in a short while. Nope!

Now I wanted to get some sleep at about 10pm, but by 11.15 I was sick of waiting for the game to finish and had to get off to bed sometime. So I missed the winning run.

I didn't even know how long the game could go on for.....do they stop the match after so many innings and call it a tie, or could this have gone on forever?

Archived