Adrian Vandenberg Is Alive And Well! MOONKINGS!! Coming Soon! Where The Hell Is John Sykes?

RUSHHEAD666

I'm finally very excited about a new album coming out this week!!! Adrian Vandenberg is BACK!!!!! His new band is called the MOONKINGS!! I hope it's worth the wait! I haven't heard a note from the new album but I did see the track listing and it looks like it could ROCK!!

I'm in a serious Vandenberg mode this week!! Just cranked the first "Vandenberg" cd and now as I type "Heading For A Storm" has just kicked in!!

"FRIDAY NIGHT" RULES!!!!

I'm thinking about ranking Adrian Vandenberg higher than John Sykes for the first time in my life.

Where did John go??????? Is he dead? Is he sick? Is he living in a cardboard box??????????

I don't get it? How could one of the greatest guitar players in the world just vanish?????

I put on the first Blue Murder album last night. It's the newest version by Rock Candy Records. Excellent shit!

Rock Candy also did the first two Vandenberg albums.

Damn I missed out! I wish I started Rock Candy Records! Then again that could be another worthless thread on here!

I'm hoping Moonkings is just as melodic and memorable as the early Vandenberg albums!!

Speaking of yet another guitar great Jake E. Lee, I bought his new album Red Dragon Cartel and it absolutely SUCKS!! I love his guitar sound but the lead singers on that album are putrid poop!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!

VANDENBERG RULES!!!

THE FLYING DUTCHMAN SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD ON ALL OF YOUR STEREOS!!!

IF YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR MUSIC THEN THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

METAL RULES! DOWNLOADING MUSIC IS FOR FOOLS!

I got the Rock Candy remasters Earl.

I've not heard MOONKINGS yet but what I heard I didn't like the vocals...

:D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13:

That bums me out then Pat because Jake E. Lee's new vocalist sucks too!!

You're dead right Earl the Red Dragon Cartel has a bum for a lead vocalist, this is why I didn't get the album, that and the sloppy guitar work from Jake.

I saw this interview with Jake on youtube at NAMM 2014 and he was drunk. He said the reason he came back and formed a new band was because one day he was chasing an ice cream truck and was catching it up but fell down a slope and broke his foot, smashed his heel he said and he couldn't get up. So while he was there he said he had a revelation, he needed a cell phone and a new band!! :o :LOL: He sounded out of it! :smoke: He also admitted he was a better player when he was in Ozzy and he doesn't practice or prepare like that anymore and didn't even in Badlands.

You're dead right Earl the Red Dragon Cartel has a bum for a lead vocalist, this is why I didn't get the album, that and the sloppy guitar work from Jake.

I saw this interview with Jake on youtube at NAMM 2014 and he was drunk. He said the reason he came back and formed a new band was because one day he was chasing an ice cream truck and was catching it up but fell down a slope and broke his foot, smashed his heel he said and he couldn't get up. So while he was there he said he had a revelation, he needed a cell phone and a new band!! :o :LOL: He sounded out of it! :smoke: He also admitted he was a better player when he was in Ozzy and he doesn't practice or prepare like that anymore and didn't even in Badlands.

PAT!

You and I haven't talked or typed in months and yet time doesn't matter!

You and I have so much in common! You are my brother from another musical brother! Although I just mentioned how much I hate "Flick Of The Switch!" LOL!

It is what it is mate!!

I was so stupid about the Jake E Lee! I bought the Best Buy version with the bonus track. Then I bought the Japanese version with a different track.

I just assumed it was going to be incredible.

You called it. Shit singer, shit sloppy guitar playing. I'm a fuckking fool!!!

Now I am worried about MOONKINGS and I just bought two Japanese pressings!!!

I'm in fear that our old guitar heroes are just selling out for a fukking cash grab.

Frontiers Records in Italy is the biggest Corporate Whore int he CD Business!

Rock And Roll is my crack rock and I still give in and give them my money!

ROCK CANDY RECORDS is another whore that I love to sleep with!

They just remastered the first three DOKKEN albums. They sound fukking amazing!

Listening to Vandenberg's "Alibl" Japanese pressing now. PEDAL TO THE METAL!!! VANDENBERG USED TO RULE!

Our guitar heroes are turning into old prune ZEROS!

In ten years from now all of our bands that we grew up with will be fuckking GONE!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

Rock and Roll will be truly dead.

I will be 56 in ten years.

I hope The Rush Forum will be around.

Hey Motley Crue is going out on their FINAL TOUR!

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

KISS MY ASS VINCE, MICK, NIKKI AND TOMMY!

TOMMY LEE ISN'T EVEN DOING THE MEET AND GREETS AT 3000 BUCKS A TICKET!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

• Like 1

PAT!

You and I have so much in common! You are my brother from another musical brother! Although I just mentioned how much I hate "Flick Of The Switch!" LOL!

It is what it is mate!!

I was so stupid about the Jake E Lee! I bought the Best Buy version with the bonus track. Then I bought the Japanese version with a different track.

I'm in fear that our old guitar heroes are just selling out for a fukking cash grab.

Listening to Vandenberg's "Alibl" Japanese pressing now. PEDAL TO THE METAL!!! VANDENBERG USED TO RULE!

In ten years from now all of our bands that we grew up with will be fuckking GONE!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

I have the Dokken albums, they DO sound good! Good interviews and pics too. Excellent stuff all round!

Tommy Lee thinks he's a bigger star now because he's been in about 50 shitty reality shows and every one of them make him look a tool! :LOL:

To be honest I don't listen to Crue now, they f*cked up the remasters and I don't rate their old albums so much anymore anyway. The best "Crue" album is Vince Neil's Exposed with Steve Stevens fretboard fireworks, it's a Stevens six string showcase! And every song rocks hard! This one blows all the Crue albums away!

Yeah even Steve Morse is 60 this year! Along with Al Di Meola, Scott Henderson, Pat Metheny, Eric Johnson, all five of these guys within a few weeks of each other! And George Lynch too! And Uli Jon Roth! I did a thread about this the other day!

As for Jake I really wanted to like that album and they were smart, they got Robin Zander to sing on a track and made it the advanced song so everyone would think the whole album was half decent. Even that song is meh though and Jake's playing blah. It's a mess, everything I've heard from it is just shite! The singer blows chunks!

Moonkings sounds like more of the same. And think about it Vandenberg hasn't released or appeared on a proper album since 1985's Alibi! He missed out with injury with Whitesnake, then played on the crap Coverdale Snake album in the 90's with hardly any guitar on it and what has he done since? Nothing. Now all of a sudden he comes out with a new band and album? Him and Jake are hasbeens who can't cut it anymore and someone has managed to drag them out of retirement for a cheap cash grab! if they could still produce the goods then they already would have been doing it all this time instead of just slacking off getting drunk chasing ice cream trucks!! Vandenberg and Jake are a couple of ice cream men! They should do a cover of Ice Cream Man and wear an ice cream man outfit in a truck! Do a video and have them chase it! They are the rock equivalent of ambulance chasers! Only with these rock guys it's ice cream!! :LOL:

PAT!

It is what it is mate!!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

I have the Dokken albums, they DO sound good! Good interviews and pics too. Excellent stuff all round!

Tommy Lee thinks he's a bigger star now because he's been in about 50 shitty reality shows and every one of them make him look a tool! :LOL:

To be honest I don't listen to Crue now, they f*cked up the remasters and I don't rate their old albums so much anymore anyway. The best "Crue" album is Vince Neil's Exposed with Steve Stevens fretboard fireworks, it's a Stevens six string showcase! And every song rocks hard! This one blows all the Crue albums away!

Yeah even Steve Morse is 60 this year! Along with Al Di Meola, Scott Henderson, Pat Metheny, Eric Johnson, all five of these guys within a few weeks of each other! And George Lynch too! And Uli Jon Roth! I did a thread about this the other day!

As for Jake I really wanted to like that album and they were smart, they got Robin Zander to sing on a track and made it the advanced song so everyone would think the whole album was half decent. Even that song is meh though and Jake's playing blah. It's a mess, everything I've heard from it is just shite! The singer blows chunks!

Moonkings sounds like more of the same. And think about it Vandenberg hasn't released or appeared on a proper album since 1985's Alibi! He missed out with injury with Whitesnake, then played on the crap Coverdale Snake album in the 90's with hardly any guitar on it and what has he done since? Nothing. Now all of a sudden he comes out with a new band and album? Him and Jake are hasbeens who can't cut it anymore and someone has managed to drag them out of retirement for a cheap cash grab! if they could still produce the goods then they already would have been doing it all this time instead of just slacking off getting drunk chasing ice cream trucks!! Vandenberg and Jake are a couple of ice cream men! They should do a cover of Ice Cream Man and wear an ice cream man outfit in a truck! Do a video and have them chase it! They are the rock equivalent of ambulance chasers! Only with these rock guys it's ice cream!! :LOL:

Geez buddy! You and I were separated at birth! I agree with absolutely everything you have said here!

It's so sad!

How long does Mick Mars have? I give that guy so much love for still playing that guitar with his bad back. I thought he would have retired ten years ago! WOW!

Such an underrated player!!

Fake E. Lee kills me.

Adrian VandenNerd is done too.

John Sykes? Nowhere to be found.

Many of our guitar heroes are turning into zombie zeros.

Rock And Roll will be dead in a decade.

PAT!

It is what it is mate!!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

Geez buddy! You and I were separated at birth! I agree with absolutely everything you have said here!

It's so sad!

How long does Mick Mars have? I give that guy so much love for still playing that guitar with his bad back. I thought he would have retired ten years ago! WOW!

Fake E. Lee kills me.

John Sykes couldn't get out of bed for the Winery Dogs album but I don't really blame him there, he probably got bored of hearing Portnoy whine!

Jake would have done it if it had been called the Wino Ice Cream Chasers!

PAT!

It is what it is mate!!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

It's so sad!

Fake E. Lee kills me.

John Sykes couldn't get out of bed for the Winery Dogs album but I don't really blame him there, he probably got bored of hearing Portnoy whine!

Hahaha!

Wow Pat! I remember reading about that on this very forum! I think it was a thread by you!

I was totally excited to see Sykes come out of the woodwork and play again with Billy and Mike!

Then he totally bailed!

WTF?????

I saw the Winery Dogs at Yoshi's in SF.

It was a very good show but I wasn't totally blown away.

Mike was just full of himself again. Always making jokes and being a buffoon.

He even fuckked around on the piano like a toddler playing with a McDonald's Happy Meal plush figure.

Totally LAME!

Sheehan stole the show.

Kotzen was good but reminded me of an Eric Martin clone who could play the guitar.

WEAK!

Love,

"A SUCKER FOR A PRETTY FACE"

PAT!

It is what it is mate!!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

It's so sad!

Fake E. Lee kills me.

Hahaha!

Wow Pat! I remember reading about that on this very forum! I think it was a thread by you!

I was totally excited to see Sykes come out of the woodwork and play again with Billy and Mike!

Then he totally bailed!

WTF?????

He even fuckked around on the piano like a toddler playing with a McDonald's Happy Meal plush figure.

Totally LAME!

Sheehan stole the show.

Kotzen was good but reminded me of an Eric Martin clone who could play the guitar.

WEAK!

Love,

Yeah you've nailed who Kotzen sounds like when he sings, Eric Martin, although Martin is even worse, ugh I never liked kotzen's voice, too whiney and annoying, they should be called The Whine-ry Dogs.

PAT!

It is what it is mate!!

INCLUDING RUSH!!!!

My soul will be crushed.

I'm gonna pass!

They are the NEW KISS!

FUKK MOTLEY CRUE!

It's so sad!

Fake E. Lee kills me.

Hahaha!

Then he totally bailed!

WTF?????

Totally LAME!

Sheehan stole the show.

WEAK!

Love,

Yeah you've nailed who Kotzen sounds like when he sings, Eric Martin, although Martin is even worse, ugh I never liked kotzen's voice, too whiney and annoying, they should be called The Whine-ry Dogs.

Haha! I totally agree buddy! Eric Martin looks like a chick and sings like a chick with a dick.

Eric Martin and Richie Kotzen actually made love and they had a baby together.

His name is Adam Lambert.

An anagram for "Lambert" is LAME.