Hunger Games: Catching Fire

workingcinderellaman

Just saw the final movie this weekend. I did not read the books, but I called the final shot Katniss took. :)

As did I.

Never read the books. I knew while watching Mockingjay Part 1 that no one could be trusted. I knew that there would be betrayals within betrayals, schemes within schemes....

...in a spiral array...

... a pattern so grand, and complex...
  • Like 1

Are the books any good?

The first one is pretty good. It's fresh and fast paced. The second one is good as well but not as fresh. The third one I was a bid disappointed with. But they are definitely worth reading.

I had a flick through some of the books. I like that they're written in the first person, but I couldn't really get into them being written in the present tense. I find present tense quite awkward to read in fiction.

Just saw the final movie this weekend. I did not read the books, but I called the final shot Katniss took. :)

I think everyone did. I whispered to my brother a minute or 2 before she did it and said something like "foreshadow much". It was way, way over the line. I knew she was up to something when she agreed to the games, and as soon as I saw the placement of Snow and Coin, I knew what the plan was. All the rest of the it...the long shots and sweeping music...were just unnecessary. Or the vote needed to be handled different. Something. But that was so easy to see coming that it actually sucked the enjoyment out of that "twist" for me.

• Like 1