serious question - help a newbie

maxbeckmann

greetings all,

i will try to expose the situation simply as the actual situation is not really simple.

i recently purchased sonicproject's op-x oberheim emulator. this software has been discussed here several times.

i use my roland juno-di synth to "control" the software. in this case, i use my synthesizer as a midi controller via usb.

now, i want to control my juno-di with my roland pk-5a foot pedal.

you got the picture. i want to make a geddy of myself. i am a bassist and i want to play tom sawyer, subdivisions etc.

what is the key to make all this happen ? do i have the proper equipment ? how do i connect all the stuff ? is this even possible ?

do you feel the anxiety ? i do. any help will be greatly appreciated.

(english is not my first language. i just hope i made myself clear)

max

You will need a MIDI to USB adapter. I have an M-Audio MIDI Sport 4x4 which allows up to 4 MIDI I/O. I control Reason on a laptop with a Roland PK 5, an M-Audio Radium61, a Roland XP-10 and a Roland Octapad through the MIDI Sport. You can get a 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 or, 8x8. Since your other keyboard is already USB you may be ok with a 1x1 unless you foresee adding other devices later. Not sure about the Obi software but some may limit your midi inputs.
  • Like 1