I'm going to a concert and don't know any bands.

Cygnus 2112

On September 25th I am going to see Five Finger Death Punch along with Escape the Fate, Miss May I, The Gemini Syndrome & Persist. The only band I've heard of is Five Finger Death Punch. Do you guys know these other bands, and if so can you please recommend two or three good songs from each?

I am just recently getting into 5 Finger, they're pretty good! My friend is a huge fan and says their concerts are kickass and high energy, you ought to have fun! :)

Also, 2 words- mosh pit. It's that sort of show ;) lol

I have a love/hate thing with Five Finger Death Punch. They have some songs I like but then they also have a good amount of material that annoys me. Anyways, the internet is your friend here. You've still got a month until the show, so just check out the bands stuff on youtube or download their albums somewhere.

For Five Finger I guess I can recommend some of their more popular songs. The Bleeding, Hard To See, Far From Home and Lift Me Up. Lift Me Up is their current single and features Rob Halford as guest vocalist on it.

I've seen them live before and Hobo is right. It's very high energy show and there's a lot of moshing going on. If you want to avoid that, make sure you get to the show early so you know where the pit will be that way you can stay clear of that area. The moshers usually just pick one spot for the night and don't venture out of it. I'm not sure if Five Finger is really meant to be taken seriously though. I find I enjoy them more when I don't.

Persist was decent, The Gemini Effect is a kickass band, Miss May I is pretty meh, Escape the Fate is horrible and Five Finger Death Punch put on a kickass show. So I sat through 3.5 hours of music before getting to the only great band at the show. I also watched one guy possibly break his neck and another guy fracture his jaw in the mosh pit.

Did you check out any of the opening bands stuff on youtube before the concert? If i'm going specifically to a show just for the headliner and have no clue about the openers, I will always go to youtube or maybe even download an album to check them out. If I like them, I will make sure i'm at the show early enough to catch them. If I don't care for them, i'll show up late and just see the headliner and enjoy myself. There's no point of standing through a bunch of bands you may not care for if there's ways to avoid it. I find myself showing up late to shows and missing the openers more as the years go by. After 20 plus years of going to concerts you kind of get your fill of pointless openers and just want to watch the band (or bands) you came to see, enjoy the show then get the hell out of there. Edited by J2112YYZ