Ever experience RUSH in your life?

Snorlax2112

Then there are the "Road Rage" people..... Fan's who have to get next to you just to give you the thumbs up @ 75 mph. I do forget sometime's people are honking & waving because they love RUSH & what I have done to the car to express that.

I used to have one of my cars decked out with RUSH decals and references too. I actually had a real "Road Rage" experience when a carload of guys kept riding up on me on the freeway, flipping me the bird and honking their horn. After a few miles of this I unrolled my window and slowed down to make them pass me to maybe return the sign language. As they passed, the two on the passenger side yelled out "F**k Rush Limbaugh!!" and sped off. After my heart got back to normal, I had a hell of a laugh!

• Like 3

This was a question for the survey on the Rush Fan Stories website. I just thought if anyone else experience any Rush sightings when you are not listening to their music or at their concerts.

Sometimes at school when I wear a Rush shirt, there's always someone who comments on it and demands a high-five. I go to a small school that contains only a few hundred people, so it's kinda a big deal. I also hear plenty of Rush songs on the radio. And I'm not talking about songs like Tom Sawyer or Closer to the Heart, I'm talking about songs like New World Man and Distant Early Warning.

If you have any experiences like these, share them. I'm always interested in this kinda stuff.

Welcome...and yeah. it's cool when it happens. Flying from Dallas to Madrid this summer it was mealtime and the flight attendant leans in with my food...Lo and behold he's wearing a RUSH lanyard to hold his ID. Turned out he was a huge fan and had just caught them at back to back shows.

I was actually in Madrid and the rest of the Mediterranean coast over the summer, and it was Bastille Day when I was in France. I remember the first thing I did after I woke up was listen to CoS. Too bad nobody in France has the slightest clue what Rush is.

Tonight before work i stopped at Starbucks, wearing my Rush Time Machine tour shirt..guy comes up to me and gives Rush props, and how awesome it was how they finally got in the Hall..he then started going off about how Yes hasnt been inducted yet :LOL: ..

I could use some help choosing my vanity license plate. I have seven (7) characters allowed. Blank spaces count. I just cannot decide!

This topic reminds me of the pre-internet days when some of us would long to meet other SERIOUS Rush fans to share our passion with. Rush have always been pretty popular but back then it was really hard to find the serious fans or even to get inside info. I about **** when a guy that lived close to my Grandmother's house had Exit Stage Left on Laserdisc. I had never seen it before. Nothing beats those days of first discovering the band and getting their records one by one. I think pre-internet was actually more exciting because the band was a little more mysterious.

Agreed! Please take the Rush Fan Stories survey...would love more contributions on that subject. The good old days. Those semi-annual record conventions ruled calendars and budgets.