Red Sector A blu ray versions

kevycanavan

A question...

Does anyone have both the r30 and the snakes & arrows blu ray disks, both?

Does the version of red sector on the snakes &arrows extras look and sound the same as the one on the r30 blu ray?

To my eyes there is a noticible quality drop off from snakes to this extra feature.

Is the picture and audio better on the actual r30 release? As I already have r30 on DVD it would need to be for me to upgrade.

I personally didn't notice a difference until taking a closer look and comparing S&A with the R30 bluray. In terms of video and audio, there are slight difference. S&A is a little higher quality(not much, but noticeable). However, in my opinion, R30 has the better mix. The guitar is more distinguishable and set in the mix, and I think it has a better sound to it overall.

I mean, it's ten of one and ten of the other.... If you are contemplating getting the S&A BluRay, DO IT!!! There is such great stuff on the blu ray... The authorized bootlegs of the extra songs from the tour makes it well worth it (Ghost of A Chance, Red Barchetta, The Trees, 2112). And the concert is quite good as well...

I mean, you can find the R30 Blu-Ray on ebay for like $10- $15... At least I found it that way...It has no bonus features, but includes all of the missing songs from the DVD from the frankfurt performance. (Bravado, YYZ, The Trees, Secret Touch, Red Sector A, La Villa, and By-tor). Its a jampacked full 3 hour blu ray. And when I mean 3 hours, I mean up to and past three hours, so it is an incredible BluRay and has an excellent mix on it. In my opinon, the best out of all. But, if you already have the DVD, you could simply just get(if you don't already have) Beyond The Lighted Stage which has YYZ and Bravado from R30 and a couple others if I'm not mistaken. Its up to you, but if you're like me, you'll get them all :D

The R30 Blu Ray is worth every penny. I feel like I stole it having only paid the regular $25. I would have gladly paid more. Video is not quite as nice as S&A, but the audio is awesome, the band sounds great, great set list. I am big on concert DVD's and this one is probably the best overall Rush video, and they are all awesome.
  • Like 1

So is the picture, in your opinion, better than the picture quality of red sector a, from r30, as shown in the snakes and arrows extras?

Considering only picture quality, R30 Blu Ray to S&A Blu Ray, S &A is marginally better. But if your comparing R30 DVD to S&A Blu Ray, obviously S&A wins by a landslide. Just buy them they are worth it.

I have to ask. Why do you specifically ask about RSA? I can only assume it's your #1 track. Personally for me I compare Between the Wheels of R30 and S&A and S&A wins by a landslide. Alex just sounds 10 times better, really shredding.

I'd love to get the audio from the R30 blu-ray and ditch the tracks I have on my iPod that I had ripped from the DVD years ago. It'd be great to have all those missing songs in there! Alas, I have no blu-ray reading equipment and am not about to blow a load of cash on it.

Somehow I think the Red Sector A version on Clockwork Angels is going to blow the other two away by a long shot. The video alone during this tour was amazing! Not to mention one of the String sections better moments.

:codger:

• Like 1