The Mighty KANG is no more, RIP Michale Ansara aged 91

treeduck

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/03/article-2384042-1B213DAB000005DC-521_634x473.jpg

Michael Ansara, a television and movie actor whose roles included a Klingon on 'Star Trek,' has died.

A longtime friend and spokesman for Ansara says the actor died Wednesday at his home in Calabasas, California.

His former agent Michael B. Druxman told the New York Times that Ansara died after suffering from Alzheimer's disease. He was 91.

Ansara was most famous for playing evil Klingon leader Kang on the original 'Star Trek' and was one of the few actors to continue that role in further iterations of the series, playing the Klingon in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' and 'Star Trek: Voyager.'

Ansara was born in Syria and moved to the United States when he was two-years-old. His family first lived in Massachusetts before moving to Los Angeles when he was 10.

At first Ansara planned to become a doctor but shifted his focus to acting after he took up at the Pasadena Playhouse to overcome his shyness.

His first film role was in the 1944 thriller 'Action in Arabia.'

Because of his Syrian heritage, Ansara was often cast in ethnic roles, playing American Indian characters on TV shows like 'Broken Arrow' and 'Law of the Plainsman.'

He also appeared on ''I Dream of Jeannie,' 'Hawaii 5-0' and 'Murder, She Wrote.'

His film credits include Julius Caesar, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Greatest Story Ever Told and The Comancheros with John Wayne.

More recently, Ansara appeared as the guardian to an estranged grandson in the 1999 independent film 'Long Road Home' and as the voice of Mr. Freeze on the cartoon TV series 'Batman' and 'Batman Beyond.'

Ansara was predeceased by his son, Matthew, with former wife Barbara Eden. He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Beverly Kushida, a sister and a niece and nephew.

Perhaps the best Klingon ever.....he was totally bad-ass. :ebert: :ebert:

RIP to a fantastic Klingon :rose:

I also remember him well as Kane, a recurring baddie on Buck Rogers

RIP to a fantastic Klingon :rose:

I also remember him well as Kane, a recurring baddie on Buck Rogers

He was great as a soldier from the future who was transported to our time in The Outer Limits. :ebert: