DAY OF SHOW TICKETS

pony2112

I have but it wasnt for a RUSH concert.

I think alot of places must hold onto front seats ....thats how i got these. People next to me payed almost double the price, and they bought them the day the tickets went on sale.

( Tim McGraw Lady Antebellum )

Great tickets are released day of show. How many depends on how popular the show is. Pre Beyond the Lighted Stage, they were not that hard to get. After, it became a bit more difficult.

I bougt a ticket very early for snakes and arrows at msg. It was best available and was way back and about halfway up. not a good seat. I kept checking ticketmaster and nothing. Day of show I found 7th row floor on ticketmaster.

I met a guy at a show once that came to the box office day of show on a previous tour, and ended up getting front row.

So you can cet great seats, but it is a gamble. And you just have to be the lucky one that happens to look at just the right time. They pop up, but they go real quick. Good luck!

You can also get good tix from the boys out front, but that's a supply/demand thing too. Lots of people looking = higher prices and more than face. Fewer people looking means perhaps less than face.

Also, they buy tix from people w/ extras going in for less than face value b/c fans want to go in and don't want to waste a lot of time trying to sell tix outside or they're afraid that something's going to happen, which it won't, but they don't know that. So if you want better prices start asking who's got extra tickets. You'll likely be challenged by some of the boys but many fans would prefer to sell to a true fan rather than the scalpers, and you're at an advantage there b/c you can pay more since they need to build in a margin.

As everyone has said, it's a craps shoot. Keep looking long enough tho and your chances go up. Lots of times people w/ the better seats show up later.

Also, at football games I buy a ticket(s) and then try to do better. I never pay face, so if I do better then I sell the first ones for a profit, I keep trying to upgrade and usually I'll get primo seats that end up costing me nothing for 60-90 min. worth of "work." I enjoy it tho and am comfortable doing that. The cops don't care btw. With all of the ticket outlets these days there's no way for anyone to know what the fees are and the worst thing that happens, if they even look your way, is that they'll tell you to move to a different location, so don't worry 'bout them.

for todays show at hershey, i saw section c1 row 31 floor on tm this morning. more will likely pop up.

some good friends of mine got day of show tickets to Metallica in the early 90s. I think they were like 2nd or 3rd row. It was a pretty good trick back in the day, and sounds like you can still do that.

I think single tickets may be easier but not always. I've seen excellent seats open up for Rush in the early afternoon. Or any artist for that matter. I'm just always to chicken to take a chance when it come to Rush to wait until the day of the show. Had a guy who sat in front of me at the San Jose (Rush show) in row 8, who bought his ticket at the box office an hour or so before the show. You just never know!

I had bought front row seats for a show in Detroit once: got ripped off and never got them. So the day of the show I kept checking every 5 minutes for hours....and around 4:00pm I pulled dozens of 4th-6th row tickets on the floor (Joe Louis Arena). It works a lot of the time, but have to have lots of time available.