Wildhoney - Tiamat

Akron162

Just to clarify: no, i still don't like the growls, screams, shrieks and all that stuff; but Opeth made me curious enough to check some other bands inside the death metal circle (or black metal, i really can't tell them apart).

The first album i checked then is Wildhoney, by Tiamat, and without any reserves, i can tell i really liked it. Its atmospheric, haunting, you can actually understand the lyrics and is complex enough to keep a proghead interested.

I would say that the album is bigger than the sum of its parts, no song really stands out, but i guess you also could say the same about The Dark Side of the Moon, every piece works to make a bigger cohesive whole, and that almost never is bad.

The music gets a little repetitive after a while and is nowhere in the same level as Opeth, but in general is really great, check it if you haven't.

Geez, seriously? I know I'm not the most popular user of this forum but this is the third thread i a row that doesn't get any comment and barely any views. Oh well, ill just keep trying then.

Keep trying dude, it's like that sometimes on here. I'll go and look them up later. I pretty much loathe Death Metal but some Black is fine. Approach to vocals is a big diff for starters.

Geez, seriously? I know I'm not the most popular user of this forum but this is the third thread i a row that doesn't get any comment and barely any views. Oh well, ill just keep trying then.

I pretty much stopped making threads on new bands since the few I've made get no interest whatsoever.

I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll give them a listen later!

I pretty much stopped making threads on new bands since the few I've made get no interest whatsoever.

I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll give them a listen later!

Ok, but Tiamat is not new, is kinda old actually. Like 25 years old.