Sending stuff to venue to be autographed?

GeddyRulz

I've seen this subject before, but exact details have been sketchy. Maybe someone who's done this can clue me in...

How, exactly, does it work when you send something to a venue to be autographed by the guys? Obviously I want to send it well in advance of their appearance at said venue, but:

1. How far in advance would you recommend the item(s) be sent? Maybe one month?

2. Are there items that you'd suggest I NOT send? Should I just send a tourbook or CD booklet?

3. I imagine I include a self-addressed return envelope, correct?

4. To whose attention do I send it? Rush or Liam Birt, care of the venue? Or send it to the venue and specify INSIDE the envelope who it's for?

5. Include a letter to the venue's staff, explaining what I'm up to?

6. Include a short note to the band/Liam Birt, asking for specific requests? (i.e., "Please make it out to Mark" or "Please have all three guys sign the photo on page 21" or even "Please have Geddy sign his photo on page 5, Alex on his photo on page 7, and Neil on his photo on page 9")

Any help? I think I want to GO FOR IT!

Edited by GeddyRulz

double post Edited by GeddyRulz

Send one item so it will arrive a couple of days before the show, no earlier or it could get lost. They won't sign more than one item so there's no point in sending more. Include the self addressed envelope and put stamps on it, don't have it meter read. Send it to RUSH c/o Liam Birt with the venue's address on it. You can send a note but I doubt it would be read. I think the guys just get the item and are told who to make it out to. They pretty much sign stuff the same way for everyone. Edited by EagleMoon

I would do everything you mentioned above, maybe a yellow sticky note on the tourbook or whatever you send asking to be signed to you personally.... Def plan on it arriving just a few days before the show. You might also check with the venue to ask if they receive incoming mail for bands. Some don't....

Here is a picture of my power windows vinyl I got back this week from Orlando. I contacted the venue before the show and got the album there about a week before the concert. I addressed it to Rush/Liam Birt!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/vols1118/943612_4785750997252_177318736_n_zpsb762c18b.jpg