Rush Backstage Question

CE24

I ordered a couple CDs from the Rush Backstage Club. I see on my bank statement that I was charged a foreign transaction fee of a couple bucks. I'm not cheap, by any means, but I was already charged nine bucks to ship a few CDs. From what I understand, Showtech Merchandise is in the eastern part of the US, as am I.

Has anyone else noticed this fee on their orders? I made an order in November, and wasn't charged this fee.

It's a fee charged by the bank, not by Showtech.

Contact your CC company for details.

Personally I always use my Cap1 card when I order or travel out of the country.

No FTF.

Edit: to answer your other question, they're located in Oakville, ONT. Just outside of Toronto.

Edited by Snaked

Realised they were in Canada, so I guess it's a bank fee. I called them to inquire, as well, so I'll probably have a huge charge on my cell bill for calling outside the country.

Looks like I'll stick with Amazon, which is what I should have done in the first place. I can usually find CDs for half of what the Backstage Club charges. Live and learn.

Or just use a Capital 1 or Amex card and there wont be the FTF.

I don't have, or use credit cards. I like being debt free, and not paying outrageous interest charges.

You don't pay interest charges if you pay your bill in full. Plus it builds credit. Very narrow view of the CC industry.

• Like 1

Cash is cumbersome and dirty. Debit cards are just ok, but they don't have any of the perks. Why pay cash when you can get cash back (or other bonuses)? It's like getting a 1% + return. If a consumer can't control their spending, that's on them. Cards are great tool that improve quality of life if used responsibly. Edited by upstateNYfan

Or just use a Capital 1 or Amex card and there wont be the FTF.

I don't have, or use credit cards. I like being debt free, and not paying outrageous interest charges.

You don't pay interest charges if you pay your bill in full. Plus it builds credit. Very narrow view of the CC industry.

True. I should have expanded on that. Credit cards fit some people's way of life, but for the majority, they are a trap. Kinda like 'an attractive nuisance' per se'.

My credit is as good as it can get. I own my home, and a 2013 vehicle, so I choose not to have, or use credit cards.

Not sure this is accurate. Banks want international charges. This makes them money. Ditto finance charges.

All revenue sources are good!!! :ebert:

(Sorry, the accountant here couldn't resist saying that!)

Edited by rushfanforever!