Over Five Years of Rock Band Come to an End

USB Connector

This truly is sad.

I've currently got about 700 songs on my PS3...and still want to purchase more. I think there are so many more great songs that could have made it onto the DLC list. Too bad that will no longer happen. :(

As USB mentioned, this game became a staple for hangouts with friends and parties. Everyone always has a blast playing tunes together...so much fun! My wife and I even sat around many times, just the two of us, trying to play through the career mode.

I'm sure we'll see a "Rock Band 4" or something down the road for the new generation of consoles, but I don't plan to buy one for a long while yet.

This truly is sad.

I've currently got about 700 songs on my PS3...and still want to purchase more. I think there are so many more great songs that could have made it onto the DLC list. Too bad that will no longer happen. :(

As USB mentioned, this game became a staple for hangouts with friends and parties. Everyone always has a blast playing tunes together...so much fun! My wife and I even sat around many times, just the two of us, trying to play through the career mode.

I'm sure we'll see a "Rock Band 4" or something down the road for the new generation of consoles, but I don't plan to buy one for a long while yet.

I don't see a reason not to keep buying back catalog songs unless you've got equipment issues. One of the Harmonix devs did an interview recently and they said that they do plan to bring back rock band to the next generation when the time is right and they will do everything they can to bring all the DLC with it.