De Niro - Silver Linings Playbook

Powderfinger

My favorite actor of all time. Yet, I haven't seen this film. If he feels this strongly about the material then perhaps I need to see it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/robert-de-niro-crying-silver-linings-playbook_n_2622396.html

Have any of you seen this film? Do you recommend it?

I'll make an effort to see it before Oscar night. That, Lincoln, Amour and Les Mis are the only BP nods I have yet to see.

Nice to see him get rave reviews in a movie that's getting rave reviews for once compared to the paycheck roles he's done in the past decade. He's done a few performances (Being Flynn,Everybody's Fine,What Just Happened) of late where he actually gives a damn, though. Nice to see the DeNiro acting greatness back.

I'll make an effort to see it before Oscar night. That, Lincoln, Amour and Les Mis are the only BP nods I have yet to see.

Nice to see him get rave reviews in a movie that's getting rave reviews for once compared to the paycheck roles he's done in the past decade. He's done a few performances (Being Flynn,Everybody's Fine,What Just Happened) of late where he actually gives a damn, though. Nice to see the DeNiro acting greatness back.

Yeah man, I couldn't agree more with your De Niro take. It's good to see him trying again. I've read interviews with him where he explains that he needed to remove the weight of the dramatic roles for awhile and try a different approach. I sympathize with his point of view, but it's been a long time since he was relevant. Perhaps his lost period is over. He is supposedly set to work with Scorsese again on The Irishman.

Edited by Powderfinger

Yeah man, I couldn't agree more with your De Niro take. It's good to see him trying again. I've read interviews with him where he explains that he needed to remove the weight of the dramatic roles for awhile and try a different approach. I sympathize with his point of view, buts it's been a long time since he was relevant. Perhaps his lost period is over. He is supposedly set to work with Scorsese again on The Irishman.

On the lampooning front a la Analyze This, I hear he's doing a boxing comedy with Stallone (speaking of lampooning roles) in a movie coming out soon called Grudge Match. I wish I were kidding.

I'm skeptical about it since it screams paycheck role again but Rocky and LaMotta fighting each other looks good on paper. Plus, they were good opposite each other in Copland.