Wireless router issue

Tom Sawyer

A device is either slow doesn't detect the wireless network, pushing power switch (rebooting) router fixes issue. But it return in days. Repeat.

So it dying a slow death?

Yep. Is it just one device that is failing to connect or is it multiple devices? If its multiple devices failing then I would guess the router is failing. If its one device that's failing it could be the connecting device. Try multiple devices to see if it truly is the router.

Check monoprice. They have good non labeled network gear for cheap. I bought both a wireless N router and an 8 port GB switch for a total of $40. I have had them for a couple years now and they are going strong.

I had this exact problem and updated the firmware (available on your manufacturer's site and executed through your router admin access) and I never had the problem again. I would try updating the firmware. If you need help, let me know manufacturer name and model #...

I had this exact problem and updated the firmware (available on your manufacturer's site and executed through your router admin access) and I never had the problem again. I would try updating the firmware. If you need help, let me know manufacturer name and model #...

Good idea, thanks, thing is, as often as we use wifi and as easy as it is to push the button, and how lazy i am when it comes to tech and that the cable company (comcast) would probably just replace it....(deep breathe) should I do the update or just get a new updated hardware device (with the new firmware already on it) since the device is years old already?

Edited by Tom Sawyer

Good idea, thanks, thing is, as often as we use wifi and as easy as it is to push the button, and how lazy i am when it comes to tech and that the cable company (comcast) would probably just replace it....(deep breathe) should I do the update or just get a new updated hardware device (with the new firmware already on it) since the device is years old already?

The router is the cable co's? If so, call them for sure, I doubt you even have access to the admin area of your router (type 192.168.1.1 and log in as admin/admin if you never have and see)...

But otherwise, the firmware update takes like 5 minutes and I didn't have to power off/power on every other day anymore...

The router is the cable co's? If so, call them for sure, I doubt you even have access to the admin area of your router (type 192.168.1.1 and log in as admin/admin if you never have and see)...

But otherwise, the firmware update takes like 5 minutes and I didn't have to power off/power on every other day anymore...

Thanks

Yep. I will just get 'er replaced soon, they tell me there's a newer better faster model out now anyway. like I'll notice, my eyes are fading, fingers are slowing, memory is ... is, what was I writing about again?