Transcendental Meditation

moonpi

moonpi

I've been doing Yoga since I was a teenager...so long ago...lol

I believe in Meditation. I mean, I'm a christian and I incorporated my beliefs (meditation/yoga) when I was very ill. I believe this helped me to come through my illness. So, yes you are not alone.

edited to say....I know we're not to speak of our religion, but I had to in order to make my point. So, #73 and RR, don't be mad. Or, anyone else for that matter.

Edited by Daylin
  • Like 1

I have praticed Hatha, Bikram and Kundalini yoga through the years. I love yoga and I wish I was more disciplined - being that I am not affliated with any organized religion, I never considered it would be against someone's religious or spiritual beliefs - someone else pointed that out to me the other day.

Tm is suppose to be different in that you don't use your breath or other focus point, just a personal private mantra- that's given to by your intructor. I was just curious if anyone else had personal experience with this specfic type of meditation. If it impoved the quality of their life or, maybe not.

I guess in the end we all have to run our own experiements....

My uncle travels the world as a yoga instructor, and I asked him to show me a technique recently, and it was both breath-focused and had a mantra. He said he had the authority to give me a personal mantra if I wanted as well... It's very interesting stuff that I'm just starting to look into.
  • Like 1