Another Day Slips By (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

yyzyy

When I read it was a member's band video, my first thought was, "Shouldn't this have been posted in Making Modern Music?"

About 30 seconds into it, I knew it definitely belonged in Music of the Spheres.

Definitely a heavy Rush influence. I felt like I was listening t something that could have been on Hemispheres during the first couple of minutes, before the singing started. Drumming was solid and really good. I even thought your kit just flat out looked impressive. Bass player was really good. It's nice to see a Ricky being used. The keyboards were really tastefully done. They filled the spaces and enhanced melodies, even taking leads here and there.

Listening to it a second time, and the vocals are really strong, too.

Being a guitarist, myself, I really appreciate what your guitar player is doing, even if it's not exactly my style. His acoustic work was beautiful, and right around the 51 seconds mark, when it really started sound like Rush, I really loved his tone and playing. His work during the verse and chorus was very tasteful. I thought I heard a little bit of Metallica influence on the clean playing. It's clear by his solo that he's a shredder at heart, and he's really good at it. He played with a lot of power and precision, and he definitely meant it!

I feel like this is the kind of song I could listen to over and over, and get something new out of it each time, or really apply my focus to certain instruments during certain parts.

Overall, a really good song all the way around.

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it that much. We sound like Rush because they are our main influence. That's pretty much why we formed the band back in 2007 and it's only natural to sound simliar to the boys!

Thanks again for checking it out, mean a lot to us.

Cheers! We feel that today's "popular" music is lacking flair and originality, so what we want to do is infuse the awesomeness of the 60s, 70s and 80s, but put a modern progressive edge to it. Hopefully we're on the right track, haha!

Awesome, thanks for checking it out! Our album is available for streaming on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/pyramidtheorem), or you can pick it up on iTunes or a physical copy from cdbaby.com.

f***ing fantastic video! 10/10! So well done.

The song itself was kick-ass, too! I'm in accordance with the abovementioned comments about Rush influence, etc. I really dig your sound. One critique I might have is that the keyboard seemed really low in the mix during the unison section. But maybe that's just due to YouTube's compromised audio quality. (Or maybe the effect was intended?) Either way, I will definitely check you guys out on iTunes!

Edited by Show Don't Tell