Windows 7 DVD+R burn issue

Pags

I'm trying to burn a dual layer DVD on my Windows 7 laptop and it fails. Don't want to ruin any more dual layer discs. I tried the same thing on a new Windows 8 PC and it worked perfectly.

Is there some setting or other fix I need to do to try and get this to work on the Windows 7 laptop?

The burner itself must be capable of burning dual layer discs. Sounds like your laptop burner can't do it.

Thanks Launch! I should have added more detail into how the burning process fails. It does write to the dual-layer disc, but seems to bomb at about 70% to 80% complete. I've put the disc into a DVD player and whatever was successfully written to the disc can be viewed. I also always choose the slowest burning speed which is 3x.

Thanks Launch! I should have added more detail into how the burning process fails. It does write to the dual-layer disc, but seems to bomb at about 70% to 80% complete. I've put the disc into a DVD player and whatever was successfully written to the disc can be viewed. I also always choose the slowest burning speed which is 3x.

What max speed are the discs capable of being burned at? 3x seems like a weird burn speed for DVDs. If a disc can be burned at 16x, I usually like to burn them at 8x or 16x.

What max speed are the discs capable of being burned at? 3x seems like a weird burn speed for DVDs. If a disc can be burned at 16x, I usually like to burn them at 8x or 16x.

The drop down menu gives me 3x, 4x, or 6x. I always figure the slower the speed, the better the disc will burn. Are faster burn speeds more reliable?

The drop down menu gives me 3x, 4x, or 6x. I always figure the slower the speed, the better the disc will burn. Are faster burn speeds more reliable?

In my experience, slower burn speeds are good for music CDs, but don't have any discernible advantage for DVDs. I've burned 16x DVDs at 8x and 16x and never noticed any difference in playability.

It's weird that you're getting those odd burn speed options. What is the max speed of the discs you're using? And, they're dual-layer DVD+Rs?

In my experience, slower burn speeds are good for music CDs, but don't have any discernible advantage for DVDs. I've burned 16x DVDs at 8x and 16x and never noticed any difference in playability.

It's weird that you're getting those odd burn speed options. What is the max speed of the discs you're using? And, they're dual-layer DVD+Rs?

Yes, DVD+R dual layer. It has 8X on the disc so I'm assuming that is the max speed. Would burning the disc at different speeds affect the success of burning them? Should I try a higher speed? Edited by Pags

Yes, DVD+R dual layer. It has 8X on the disc so I'm assuming that is the max speed. Would burning the disc at different speeds affect the success of burning them? Should I try a higher speed?

Not sure how much it has to do with the problem you're having. But I would burn an 8x disc at 4x or 8x.

What program are you using to burn these?

Yes, DVD+R dual layer. It has 8X on the disc so I'm assuming that is the max speed. Would burning the disc at different speeds affect the success of burning them? Should I try a higher speed?

Not sure how much it has to do with the problem you're having. But I would burn an 8x disc at 4x or 8x.

What program are you using to burn these?

I will set it to 4x the next time I try. But I'm not sure how long that may be. I only bought a small amount of these dual layer discs and I don't want to lose anymore.