Cabin In the Woods

Mr. Not

I'd say 3/4 for me. I like campy, smart horror movies like this one and Slither, but I can understand not liking them. This movie is a horror movie while at the same time makes fun of horror movies. If you don't get the satire, you won't like it.

The ending was a little lame.

I really enjoy enjoy horror deconstruction.... where the filmmakers purposfully take cliches and themes and plays off of those in a comedic or commentaric fasion...This film did a great job of that, another film that did iit well was "Behind the Mask: Rise of Leslie Vernon"

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 26 2012, 05:35 AM)
I'd say 3/4 for me. I like campy, smart horror movies like this one and Slither, but I can understand not liking them. This movie is a horror movie while at the same time makes fun of horror movies. If you don't get the satire, you won't like it.

The ending was a little lame.

For most it's not that they don't get the satire, it's that they simply don't find it funny. Count me in there.

Comedic elements in Horror (usually blamed on Scream) are not my thing and are detrimental to the genre in many ways.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 27 2012, 12:55 PM)
The scene where the girl is getting thrown around on the dock and the workers are celebrating with champagne is a sick and twisted classic!

#SPOILERS#

I guess. It's just amazing that the thing couldn't manage to kill her given the time.

Also, my girlfriend predicted the shaggy didn't die.

I thought the film was clever and engaging, but in the end a massive WTF!?!

SPOILERS

Some good scenes (the motorcycle jump into the barrier, the champagne drinking while the virgin was being attacked at the dock). Still, I don't think it made much sense. Gods underground? What gods? Why? If they are gods, what are they doing down there?

And how did those two survive their attacks? Whatsisname from Dollhouse had a machete in his back....next thing you know he's just walking around fine, without so much as a hole in his shirt. I assume I missed something, because it couldn't possibly be that sloppy.

And what happens to the zombies once they are out of the enclosure? I guess since the two idiots decided to let the world end it doesn't really matter, but you'd think they'd have a plan for that.

Anyway, it held my attention, and I was really waiting for the payoff, but it didn't come.