Did Anyone Else Notice...?

spock

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm guessing there's no unintended coincidences here so I'll throw it out there again:

There are 12 symbols on the clock face. There are 12 songs and 2 Pedlars. Aside from my CD only having one Pedlar (that I can find), the odd thing is that the symbol for the Pedlars makes the 3 o'clock position but the symbol for Seven Cities of Gold doesn't make the clock face at all (some sort of O or zero with a dot in the center, according to the liner notes).

Error? Hidden meaning? Do I have too much time on my hands?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (spock @ Jun 21 2012, 03:59 PM)
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm guessing there's no unintended coincidences here so I'll throw it out there again:

There are 12 symbols on the clock face. There are 12 songs and 2 Pedlars. Aside from my CD only having one Pedlar (that I can find), the odd thing is that the symbol for the Pedlars makes the 3 o'clock position but the symbol for Seven Cities of Gold doesn't make the clock face at all (some sort of O or zero with a dot in the center, according to the liner notes).

unsure.gif

Yeah, I think they went with the original symbols from the Carvan release. Once the songs were recorded, the symbols didn't really fit the songs the represented, so they said to hell with it and left it at that. Or it could be 653.gif

There is some "screaming By-Thor and the Snow Dog guitar riffs" at least on a couple of songs. (7 cities of gold and Headlong flight) Edited by RUDT

QUOTE (spock @ Jun 21 2012, 02:59 PM)

unsure.gif

This was one of the first things I noticed the day I bought the CD. I wonder why this is...

I noticed first day, too.

I think the Pedlar screws it up. He has his own symbol assigned to him, which throws off the rotation until later in the "hour." wink.gif

It's very possible that Hugh had already done the artwork, and if you look online at that guys schedule, he's literally booked up for years on projects.

Once they finished the songs and they didnt match anymore, they may not have been able to get him again and to fix it would have seriously delayed the album.