Opeth: Blackwater Park vs. Ghost Reveries

adace1

Which do you like better?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Blackwater Park
    • Ghost Reveries
    • They both just as good.

My two favorite Opeth albums and also in my top 10 favorite albums of all time. I used to lean more towards Ghost Reveries because of the sheer awesomeness of tracks such as Reverie/Harlequin Forest (my favorite on the album) and Ghost of Perdition but I've since swung over to Blackwater Park. You just cannot argue with The Drapery Falls (the song that got me into the band) and the title track. Those songs are unbeatable masterpieces.

God this is ridiculously hard.

I think since Still Life Opeth has been pert close to perfect and even their early stuff is excellent. Went with Blackwater Park because I feel like I'm walking through a frozen park in an isolated beautiful area of Sweden all alone wub.gif

Ghost Reveries was the first Opeth album I bought a few years ago.... Before that I avoided Opeth (and like artists) like the plague, because I thought I would just gag at the harsh vocal style.... Ghost Reveries changed my mind very quickly....talk about eating your words.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 10 2012, 11:54 AM)
Ghost Reveries was the first Opeth album I bought a few years ago.... Before that I avoided Opeth (and like artists) like the plague, because I thought I would just gag at the harsh vocal style.... Ghost Reveries changed my mind very quickly....talk about eating your words.

I was like that too. I actually had BW Park for a few weeks before I decided to play it since I thought for sure the vocals would make me hate them. I'm glad I did listen because I would be missing out on some great music if I didn't.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 10 2012, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 10 2012, 11:54 AM)
Ghost Reveries was the first Opeth album I bought a few years ago....  Before that I avoided Opeth (and like artists) like the plague, because I thought I would just gag at the harsh vocal style.... Ghost Reveries changed my mind very quickly....talk  about eating your words.

I was like that too. I actually had BW Park for a few weeks before I decided to play it since I thought for sure the vocals would make me hate them. I'm glad I did listen because I would be missing out on some great music if I didn't.

Same here, now I love the Mikael Growl!

Hey Coldfire, I can't stomach every growl because most suck and Mikael definitely spoils us but have you heard of Between the Buried and Me? If not, download (legally) or go get the album Colors ASAP, ASAP man! You would love that and the growling is not bad, it's almost as good as Mikael.just play that album all the way through! Sample track four on youtube if you'd like.