TV series "Lost"

Babycat

Airing from 2004 - 2010, there was a TV series called Lost. I recall seeing one of the first trailers of the first season and I remember I got quite interested in seeing something new and exciting. Then something weird happened quite quickly - a sudden deluge of trailers popped up, and everything got swamped by the amount of them as they showcased various upcoming scenes or the characters.

It was the sheer amount of trailers that led me to experience the "Oh for God's Sake, not this again!" everytime I saw a trailer, and my interest went rapidly from enthusiasm to nothing. In the end, I never saw any of the episodes, never knew how many seasons there were, who lived and who died, but I was left wondering just 3 things:

1: Why was there a polar bear in the middle of an island?

2: Who were 'The Others'?

3: Was 'Tom Sawyer' a character or an actor?

So anyway, I figured I must've missed out on what might've been a great series, due to the sheer volume of trailers.

Thanks for letting me share this, and I wondered if anyone else had this (even other TV series, come to that), or if it was just me...

Edited by Babycat

If you are going to watch it stop reading this thread...I'm not going to reveal anything other than, they explain the bear, The Others, and there is someone named Sawyer, but it's not Tom.

You missed a great series. Now would be the time to watch 'cuz you don't have to wait for the next show. The series was known for long mid season breaks.

I don't watch a lot of TV but Lost was probably the one show I saw every episode of. The characters are great. The story is well done and intriguing. It ALWAYS left me wanting more and ALWAYS asking what was some newly revealed mystery about.

I would say watch it but don't read any more of this thread or ANYTHING about the show...It's the mystery about the show that makes it so great!!!!

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

I remember loving the first season. It was a modern take on Gilligan's Island. Then they introduced the hatch, which I could bear with. Then season 3/4 rolled in and introduced a bunch of stupid elements like that electric cloud and I stopped watching. It had potential, but it got turned into a predictable soap opera that mated with M. Night Shyalaman (for random and occasionally illogical plot twists).

There are few TV series in history better than Lost IMHO. First on the list is Breaking Bad. The second is 24. I'd say the Sopranos is close, but I did not hunger for the next episode of the Sopranos like I did for these other 3 series.

Deadwood, The Wire, and Mad Men are up there, as was older Dexter, but they just cannot equal Breaking Bad, 24 and Lost

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jan 10 2012, 05:10 PM)
I very much liked the last season, and I thought the last episode was one of the best series' finale I have ever seen.

It was no Newhart.

I liked it very much too 'cuz that suck ass final season finally ended.

I LOVED Lost but hated that final season.

Babycat, if you're reading this watch Lost but stop after season 5, an event occurs that would be a perfectly fitting end to the show and we can all just pretend season 6 never happened.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 10 2012, 10:25 PM)
I very much liked the last season, and I thought the last episode was one of the best series' finale I have ever seen.

It was no Newhart.

Babycat, if you're reading this watch Lost but stop after season 5, an event occurs that would be a perfectly fitting end to the show and we can all just pretend season 6 never happened.

Will do, and thank you..! smile.gif

Just start with the pilot episode and go with it. I watched the opening episode and from there I got sucked right into the show to the very end.

Despite the polarizing, controversial final season I suggest you check it out anyways and decide for yourself. There are just as many people who like the final season as there are who hated it.

I never watched it. I have a good friend that watched it religiously and even took notes on a legal pad every episode. He eventually began spending all his time on Lost internet forums and even met a girl from Costa Rica on line that was also a huge fan.

One of the greatest shows I have ever watched. Watched the entire series twice. When I first started watching it, it was a month before season 6 started, and I watched seasons 1-5 in a matter of 3 weeks.

I don't watch a great deal on the idiot box but by sheer dumb luck I happened to turn on the first episode just as it started. Was hooded at once. Watched the first 3 seasons and enjoyed them a great deal. For some reasons the 4th and 5th seasons I did not watch much of (will have to go back and watch them someday). Then watched the final season and enjoyed it, including the final episode.

Try it (including the final season). IMO its a real good show.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 11 2012, 03:27 AM)

It was no Newhart.

The final season was simply amazing. I cannot believe the amount of people who did not like it. I have gone back innumerable times just to feel the emotion generated by the series finale. It was incredible. The only explanation I have is that it went in a direction that those folks didn't want it to? It went in exactly the direction I wanted it to.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jan 26 2012, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 11 2012, 03:27 AM)

It was no Newhart.

The final season was simply amazing. I cannot believe the amount of people who did not like it. I have gone back innumerable times just to feel the emotion generated by the series finale. It was incredible. The only explanation I have is that it went in a direction that those folks didn't want it to? It went in exactly the direction I wanted it to.

The series finale was good, but all the other shows in the final season sucked. If the final season went exactly as you had imagined, you must be one whacky person ( laugh.gif ) 'cuz that sumbitch was so far from what the previous seasons had built there was no way to see what that was about.