I just got a Kindle Fire - Help me with WiFi!

Mara

I think I am going to have to buy a router for the house. We're on Clear (and I have NO issues with them at all).

Bup when I open the WiFi function, there's a whole list of available WiFi connections, but they're secured and I need a password to access them. sad.gif.

Any tips on this? How to get the access codes and passwords? Or am I jst going to have to get the router in order to use it at home? (Clear support was GREAT, offered me many options without pressuring me to upgrade to the next level of modem).

A couple of years ago we got a Belkin, but had to return it since the cable connections weren't compatible with the Clear G-series modem. Or, how can I get the passcodes to the services that are available?

Edited by Mara

The available wifi connections you see are your neighbors, I really doubt that they will give you their passwords.

Since you are happy with Clear, call them up and tell them you want you want a wireless router. I am not really sure why this would cost you anything more. Most ISPs modem and wireless router are the same unit.

Or you could buy your own and hook it up to the Clear modem, not sure why you would have issues with the "cable connections" with the Belkin, I am sure the Clear modem has ethernet ports, just like the the Belkin would have.