My Time Machine Adventure...

HigherWater

My son and I were so excited when it was announced that VH1 classic would be showing a preview of Time Machine. He's 8 and very impatient. He can't understand why the DVD wasn't available the day after I took him to opening night in Abequerque!

I set the DVR to record the second showing and my son planned his entire day around the event. Well, needless to say, he was not pleased when Directv got the timing wrong and we we left watching Corey Hart videos on my DVR.

Fast-Forward 4 weeks... The day has arrived! I announce to my boy that I have a surprize for him and that he should finish his homework so that we can go somewhere to get something. "What, daddy? What?" "I can't tell you! Just finish your homework!"

So, off we went to Best Buy. We walked into the store ( I told him I just had to pick something up before we headed off for the big surprize) and I casually moved toward the New Release End Cap. "Hey, check it out--" "Ahhhhh! It's finally out!" He could be heard across the store.

We paid our $16.35 and headed for home. Of course, my boy had to rip open the plastic in order to inspect all the goods inside. He read off the entire setlist and asked me who Alan Weinrib was and than we mercifully hit the front door.

My boy handed me the DVD and I moved toward the TV... But wait... This damn DVD won't come out of the case! I wiggled and giggled and wiggled some more until it finally came free. But when I put the DVD into the player----Nothing. I had cracked the DVD while trying to get it out of the case. My boy went white as a sheet. I turned a deep, dark red. He handled it like a champ--tomorrow is another day. I however was nearly in tears. God, I really want to see this video!

HW