Time Magazine's Top 100 greatest films

Test4VitalSigns

Tons of old movies on there, most of which I've never seen. However..."Jaws" isn't on the list, but "Finding Nemo" is. Anybody here agree with that? I really liked "Nemo," but c'mon! Any Top 100 Movies list that doesn't have "Jaws" on it isn't a legitimate list. Period.

Jaws is My FAV!!!

Geez i was scared to go swimmin in my own pool at night after seein that flick! bolt.gif

Jaws Trivia

Jaws won 3 Academy Awards:

Music (Original Score) - John Williams

Sound - Robert L. Hoyt, Roger Heman, Earl Madery, John Carter

Film Editing - Verna Fields

You might well ask, what movie got Best Picture in 1975? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Did you know?

That Jaws was voted #48 of AFI's 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time.

That Steven Spielberg named the mechanical shark Bruce, after his lawyer. The shark, upon first launching, sank. Like a stone. It had never been water tested. For much of the filming, the mechanical shark didn't work. So Spielberg adopted the technique of shooting from the shark's eye level. Many consider this to be what ultimately led to the film's scary appeal.

Quint got the date for the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis wrong. It sank on July 30, 1945.

That Lee Marvin turned down the role of Quint?

That author Peter Benchley wanted Robert Redford, Paul Newman and Steve McQueen to play the roles. Well, who wouldn't?

That Amity was actually Martha's Vineyard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

laugh.gif

..... Here lies the body of Mary Lee. Died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her viginity, not a bad record for this vicinity

..... Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I wanna go to bed, I had a little drink about an hour ago and it's gettin right to my head, where ever I may rome by land, by sea, by home you'll never hear me singing this song show me the way to go home. 653.gif

.......here's to swimming with bow-legged women laugh.gif

I can think of two Woody Allen movies that should have made the cut, "Annie Hall " 1977 and "Manhattan" 1979 smile.gif

I think the whole list is dubious. Many blockbusters, Best Picture nominees and winners from the past are not included, whereas films like The Fly (the 86 remake 062802puke_prv.gif ) and Drunken Master II are on the list. I mean, c'mon. And a bunch of French titles, which may be good, but certainly can't be the best ever.

Personally, I think the AFI list is still the best one out there.