The Great RUSH Conversion

Ventris

I turned my brother into a RUSH fan first.(he's only 10) His favorite song is "Fly By Night". Then I turned my boyfriend into an even bigger RUSH fan(before me the only album he had heard was 2112) Now he's making even more RUSH references than me. I am teaching him the ways of RUSH. Now RUSH references are in almost everything we say. And we make even the slightest connection between something and RUSH even just one word. All he had to do was see the word Mississippi and he imediately though Tom Sawyer which made him think RUSH, and now he has the alarm on his watch set to go off at 21:12 every night. laugh.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Katana2112 @ Oct 26 2011, 05:06 PM)
I turned my brother into a RUSH fan first.(he's only 10) His favorite song is "Fly By Night". Then I turned my boyfriend into an even bigger RUSH fan(before me the only album he had heard was 2112) Now he's making even more RUSH references than me. I am teaching him the ways of RUSH. Now RUSH references are in almost everything we say. And we make even the slightest connection between something and RUSH even just one word. All he had to do was see the word Mississippi and he imediately though Tom Sawyer which made him think RUSH, and now he has the alarm on his watch set to go off at 21:12 every night. laugh.gif 2.gif

sorry but NOOOOO! eyesre4.gif

No one so far! b_sigh.gif

I've introduced them to my sister and she likes some of their stuff. She's one of the "old Rush better than new Rush" people but I don't think she considers herself a fan.

I turned my sister onto them back in the 80s some time after Hold Your Fire came out. As I recall, we were having a discussion about something and I referenced the lyrics to Lock and Key to make a point and she commented that they (the band) sounded pretty deep. I agreed and cited some other songs with profound or interesting lyrics and explained what they were about and she became interested and wanted to hear more. I recorded some tapes for her and she got hooked. Since then she's gone with me to a bunch of concerts (starting with the Presto tour if I remember correctly) including twice on The Time Machine tour.

I also turned my younger brother onto them and he went with me to the Vapor Trails show in Atlanta.

And lastly, I turned my nephew onto them and he's gone with us to a few shows and he was also with us at the two Time Machine shows.