The 2011/2012 NHL season thread.

PhilCastro

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 7 2012, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 7 2012, 02:35 PM)
Change in plans: hoping for LA to win the Pacific now. They've got a better chance of taking out Chicago IMO...

You need help from Minnesota, then. bekloppt.gif

Well, you know what that's like laugh.gif

See you at 5:00pm. trink39.gif

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisibleairwaves

• PhilCastro

• blackhawkrush

• KW84

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 7 2012, 04:59 PM)
Oh yeah, and Crosby's two points so far puts him at a 1.68PPG pace, which would work out to 137.9 points over a full season.

Probably safe to say his concussion hasn't significantly affected his playing.

Hopin' for the same with Toews. Of course, Crosby has been out a lot longer...btw, how's Sedin?

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 03:14 PM)
Oh yeah, and Crosby's two points so far puts him at a 1.68PPG pace, which would work out to 137.9 points over a full season.

Hopin' for the same with Toews. Of course, Crosby has been out a lot longer...btw, how's Sedin?

Still haven't heard anything...is Toews going to be back for the first round?

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 7 2012, 05:50 PM)

I don't know. He felt better while resting but when he started skating and his heart rate went up, he had a setback. If we go up against a physical team like the Kings, I would seriously consider locking him down for the season. Not worth risking his career.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 04:26 PM)

I don't know. He felt better while resting but when he started skating and his heart rate went up, he had a setback. If we go up against a physical team like the Kings, I would seriously consider locking him down for the season. Not worth risking his career.

Yeah, although I could see them taking the risk if the Hawks struggle in the series. Same with Daniel if he isn't ready.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 7 2012, 07:05 PM)

Yeah, although I could see them taking the risk if the Hawks struggle in the series. Same with Daniel if he isn't ready.

I can understand Vancouver's position. You guys are desperate to win. Had the Hawks finished in the top two in the conference, the team would probably go all out and bring Toews in during the playoffs. As it is, there's not much confidence in our squad going all the way. Even today, the consensus here in Chicago was to hope for Nashville because of the closeness between the two towns... wacko.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 07:17 PM)
1-0 Phoenix.  unsure.gif

2-0.. Arizona, here we come. th1245.gif

Well, it was 2-1 for a second or two...3-1 Coyotes. cat.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 06:01 PM)

I can understand Vancouver's position. You guys are desperate to win. Had the Hawks finished in the top two in the conference, the team would probably go all out and bring Toews in during the playoffs. As it is, there's not much confidence in our squad going all the way. Even today, the consensus here in Chicago was to hope for Nashville because of the closeness between the two towns... wacko.gif

I think there's a little less desperation since the Canucks went 7-1-0 down the stretch without him...certainly, they'll need him in the lineup if they want to go all the way, but for now, they believe they can win at least a few without him.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 7 2012, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 7 2012, 06:01 PM)

I think there's a little less desperation since the Canucks went 7-1-0 down the stretch without him...certainly, they'll need him in the lineup if they want to go all the way, but for now, they believe they can win at least a few without him.

I believe the Hawks went 13-5-5 without Toews. Playoffs present a completely different proposition...