Shadow box?

TheY2k

QUOTE (Puppyloo @ Aug 16 2011, 04:52 PM)
I actually just got the same type of items framed as a surprise b-day gift for my hubby, Karl. Granted it's not the steam punk theme you're looking at doing (which would be amazing), I ended up choosing matting materials that were more generic "rock" feel - brushed suede, leather, etc. I ended up having to split the group into two frames - partially due to cost & overall size, but it ended up working out well as one for each tour.

The S&A set is shadow box due to the depth needed for floating the sticks - looks smaller in pic than really is (about 2' x 2'). The TM set is traditional frame with double matting (20"x15"). I debated using our meet & greet photo, but decided to go with one of Arrowsmith's since being in the front row for the first time (thank you Fan Club Pre-sale gods!) was huge part of the evening & you can see us rocking out like idiots. ( :
(Plus, Geddy's standing about a foot away from Karl in the M&G pic like he's got cooties) It took a TON of sneakiness to get all these out of the house without him knowing (scanned copies and decoy sticks/pics had to come into play), but totally worth the surprise.

I was a bit skeptical about going to Michael's rather than a traditional frame shop, but they worked with me for several hours to pick all the peices and I'm really pleased with the finished results. Only downside is that even with the 60% off custom framing coupon, still set me back about $450 for the two (but worth every penny).

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Puppyloo/IMG_1999.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Puppyloo/IMG_2001.jpg

Nice looking stuff! Did you get the sticks and picks from the meet and greet?

No lol the picks saddly are just the VIP picks, but I'm still trying to get some. If not I'm proud just to have those. The sticks were actully sent to me from Anthem. The story behind them are they were backup sticks Neil never used and I guess he ment to give me sticks but the guard gave them to someone else on accedent. But hey it's still beyond awsome!

Sticks were a "Neil liked my sign... and I think I just peed my pants!" delivery at the next to last Snakes & Arrows show in Alpharetta, GA. Picks were gift from friend who received them at a radio station meet & greet. I know it's not the same as catching a toss, but can't break up the set! ( :

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 14 2011, 10:59 PM)
I won meet and greet passes, and I want to display The passes, photos taken and of me, guitar picks and sticks. I was thinking It could be kinda a steam punk theme. Did anyone already do one, or have any ideas. I would really appreshate it. Rush is my life and I want to display that.

Add bobble heads if you have them.......

cool.gif