Goodfellas

The_Necromancer_77

Certainly my favourite gangster film - just edging out the Godfather films too.

So many great scenes, and the cinematography was exceptional, especially some of those long shots of Henry walking down restaurant corridors, kitchens and other rooms in one complete take!

Then of course there's the highlight scenes, such as Henry taking that drag on his cigarette while contemplating Morri's fate; the brutal murder of Billy Batts & "Spider" by everyone's favour psycho, Joe Pesci.

But I think my favourite scene is right at the beginning when Henry was a kid, and we see him fleeing from a carpark full of burning cars, and the voice-over says "As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."

Classic!

Edited by Sonatine

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 21 2012, 03:15 AM)
Great vintage video of Siskel & Ebert talking about Goodfellas back in 1991. smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_L8gDfM98

I'm impressed that they recognized how great the movie was immediately. They don't always, believe me.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 21 2012, 06:04 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 21 2012, 03:15 AM)
Great vintage video of Siskel & Ebert talking about Goodfellas back in 1991. smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_L8gDfM98

I'm impressed that they recognized how great the movie was immediately. They don't always, believe me.

I was worried about the same thing, but in this instance they realized it was an all-time classic right out of the gate!