Your chance at Vintage Alex

rushfanNlv

What are you asking for it?

Going rate on Ebay is around 150 to 200. But I would go 130 + shipping for a fellow Lifeson fan who would appreciate it. smile.gif PayPal will work for me.

I must remind everyone that this is not a pedal. It measures 12" x 9" and cannot be switched on and off like a standard pedal. It's on all the time if you run it as an effect in your chain. You would have to use a Boss LS-2 line selector or something similar in order to use it like a regular pedal. That means extra dough for you if you want to use it in a standard rig. However it is the sweetest phase you will ever hear and nails all of the early stuff.

Here is a link to the same unit I own. Make sure this is something you can actually use in your rig before you decide.

Click me.

"I purchased this unit at the end of my obsession with Alex...."

Are you chasing other tones, or developing your own sound now?

I never got really into mimic his sound exactly, but I do use chorus and delay generously as he used to (just want I prefer after years of alex influence).

Btw, I think this pedal is the frewill solo pedal too as I read somewhere that the sweep in that solo gets faster as the solo progresses...pretty much the only pedal you can adjust the sweep on the fly like that...but he seems to not be playing with the sweep in the esl video...

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jul 29 2011, 06:59 PM)
"I purchased this unit at the end of my obsession with Alex...."

Are you chasing other tones, or developing your own sound now?

I never got really into mimic his sound exactly, but I do use chorus and delay generously as he used to (just want I prefer after years of alex influence).

Btw, I think this pedal is the frewill solo pedal too as I read somewhere that the sweep in that solo gets faster as the solo progresses...pretty much the only pedal you can adjust the sweep on the fly like that...but he seems to not be playing with the sweep in the esl video...

Yeah I found what I was looking for. I play mostly bass now in a band (see link below) but I still play guitar here and there. Pedal is still for sale. Going on Ebay soon.