Summerfest

Lost In Xanadu

Started yesterday here in Milwaukee. I've seen Rush during this festival twice, and at the Ampitheater there a few times more than that.... 1997, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008 (Summerfest), 2010 (Summerfest)

This is a great music festival, and used to be much better when I was in HS/College. They had lots of great comedy acts that would play there along with the music stages... plus, if you went early and got a special FREE handstamp - you could return that night to see the headliner for FREE. The handstamp got you a grass seat. I saw dozens of concerts like that. Ahhh the good ole days.

Other than Peter Gabriel yesterday, not too much I am excited about...

http://mobile.summerfest.com/DisplayBlocks...scheduleall.cfm

I saw the Violent Fems there once. It was cool because I walked over to a different stage and listened to the Jayhawks for a while too.

Went there last night, my neighbor is in an awesome Led Zeppelin cover band called No Quarter. They "opened" for Peter Frampton at one of the side stages... was pretty cool walking out (didn't stay for the whole Frampton show, I'm too old to stay up till midnight and get up for work at 7) and listened to Morris Day and the Time and OAR on the way to the exit.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 30 2011, 04:44 PM)
I saw the Violent Fems there once. It was cool because I walked over to a different stage and listened to the Jayhawks for a while too.

0_o

I effin' LOVE the Violent Femmes and Jayhawks!!!

I've seen Cheap Trick there twice. loved it cause other than the fee of going into the festival grounds and a couple lemonades, the concerts were both free! Nothing like getting heat exhaustion waiting in line for hours and hours for front row=] heh heh heh.