For the first time in my life...

Akron162

Some days ago i said something about The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, than now i completely retract. I said tha that album is boring and predictable. Well, a user of this forum whose name i don't remember told me that i should listen to it more carefully, from beggining to end, in dark room preferably. So i did, and now i understand the genius of that album, a real masterpiece of prog rock.

Thanks for showing me the light, but still, the story doesn't make any sense, jeje.

It was me, and glad you discovered this masterpiece applaudit.gif

And yes, it is more "simple" in some parts, but put together it is very insane. Are you very good at reading English? Search for the website "the annotated lamb lies down on broadway." it should help explain.

The thing about this is that it means many different things, and it also means nothing. A lot of people say it is about sex, and that actually makes a lot of sense. But it has it's own whimsical stuff going on that it can really mean whatever you interpret it is.

Literally, the story is pretty weird and doesn't make much sense, but it is more about what you interpret it as, not just what you hear them say.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ May 26 2011, 12:23 AM)
Some days ago i said something about The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, than now i completely retract. I said tha that album is boring and predictable. Well, a user of this forum whose name i don't remember told me that i should listen to it more carefully, from beggining to end, in dark room preferably. So i did, and now i understand the genius of that album, a real masterpiece of prog rock.

Thanks for showing me the light, but still, the story doesn't make any sense, jeje.

Good for you. Wish I could see it better. I've tried all ways of listening to it, especially in my younger years.

After 30 years, I still don't find the album anything special. There are some good moments but that is about it for me. I'll take other Gabriel Genesis over The Lamb. But my favorite Genesis still is the first two releases with Collins taking over vox.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 26 2011, 07:34 AM)
I used to think it was boring too, but it's grown on me in leaps and bounds in recent times. I need to listen to it more.

...maybe even feature it on a radio show or something th1245.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 26 2011, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 26 2011, 07:34 AM)
I used to think it was boring too, but it's grown on me in leaps and bounds in recent times.  I need to listen to it more.

...maybe even feature it on a radio show or something th1245.gif

every second of it biggrin.gif