Please, Drive SAFELY

Principled Man

A co-worker of mine (whom I really didn't know) died today after driving straight into the rear end of a semi.

He was a nice enough guy - young, tall, skinny, had a very young son....he just started working here a few months ago. Unfortunately, he was known to be an aggressive and irresponsible driver. He just got his second DUI recently. Now he's DEAD, and his son will never know his father.

Please, just be CAREFUL out there. DON'T take out your frustrations on the roads. Drive DEFENSIVELY.

Relax before you get behind the wheel. And damnit, drive SOBER.....

Keep yourself alive.

That is all. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ May 17 2011, 07:57 PM)
the best defense is a good offense

If you were trying to be funny, you failed miserably.

Sorry to hear about that. Takes me back to losing a close friend of mine who died after falling asleep at the wheel and running into a telephone pole. His brother (thankfully) survived, despite being in a full body cast for months. As sad as it was, I was grateful that it wasn't his brother that died instead, because it's hard to imagine that kind of guilt being consolable had the outcome been reversed.

It's always the families that suffer. I may be extreme, but if I'm driving, I'm not having even a single drink and if I feel even the least bit drowsy, I'm pulling over. I'm just not prepared to put my family or anyone else's family through that.