RUSH BTLS

Snow-Dog2112

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 7 2011, 09:36 PM)
Working Man is probably the one you're thinking of.

whatever it was i think it was a cover, remember john got the audience clapping then alex did this guitar thing and then the drums and bass came in

Rutsey just introduces the band and doesn't say the song title. He just wants everybody to clap along. I cant tell from the lyrics that I hear what the song title is. Looks like the songs on the Moon label is the same as the self titled first album is. After replaying it I know it is not The Best I Can or Garden Road. So sorry I quess I just don't know.

According to the end credits, it's Need Some Love...however listening to the actual studio version, it sounds nothing like the one heard during that short clip on BTLS but if you got good ears like I do, I swear I could kinda hear Geddy sing something that sounded like "I need some love, I want some love" while Alex is talking over the track. It's definitely not a pre-release version of the song since the self-titled album was already out by the time they performed that high school gig (John mentions Working Man as another song "from the album"). If anything, it seems as if that performance was just a different variation of Need Some Love that was shelved when they went in and recorded the album, kinda like the Working Man and The Trees vault editions seen in Rock Band.

Archived