New Rush fans

GernTheFish

I know several folks whose 1st ever Rush show was the one in Greensboro on 4/2. I brought a friend who really enjoyed it and another guy I know brought his brother and son, none of which have ever seen Rush before. The guy next to me had his wife and son (both Rush "vigins") who who were all dancing and air drumming like fools. Just seemed like there were a fair amount of 1st-timers there. Is the fan base growing overall or are we old Rush nerds just trying to cram the band down the throats of friends and wives who want to shut us up?

I think it's a little of both. Let's face it, we've all had eyes rolled at us over the years and yet, when we get one of those people to actually GO to a show it chsnges their mind completely (my brother being the perfect example). They are generating newer fans though by being in movies and having their music show up in a lot of "mainstream" media. 2.gif

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Apr 5 2011, 10:14 AM)
I think it's a little of both. Let's face it, we've all had eyes rolled at us over the years and yet, when we get one of those people to actually GO to a show it chsnges their mind completely (my brother being the perfect example). They are generating newer fans though by being in movies and having their music show up in a lot of "mainstream" media. 2.gif

Bingo.