Louisville April 5 - Meet and Greet?

jessieh

I was wondering if the band ever does Meet and Greet with young aspiring musicians. If so, how would one set this up.

My daughter is 16 and plays in a band called Unleashed!! here in Louisville.

She plays with a 12 year old Drummer and an 11 year old guitarist.

They really are very good.

They do three Rush songs, "Tom Sawyer" "Spirit" and "Limelight"

Here is video of them doing "Tom Sawyer"

Tom Sawyer by Unleashed!!

They will actually be playing across the street from the Yum Center at Bearnos Pizza from 5:30 to 6:30 before the show.

If anyone knows how to set up a meet and greet, let us know.

Edited by jessieh

I thought the video was Great!!!! You should be Proud !!!! 2.gif

I geuss you can contact the band some how and pray.

The meet and greets for the fans are usually random contest winners and maybe you get one if you know someone.

Good luck.

I may stop over and check out the band before the show.

Just watched the video.

Really good for such young kids.

Glad you could join us here on TRF. I live in the area and work downton Jeff. Never heard of the band until you posted here.

I will keep an ear and eye open and maybe catch their show sometime soon.

Thanks for the comments. They play a lot at Bearnos by the Bridge on Sundays. They did a lot of shows at Kingfish last year and have done some shows at Wicks.

I think they are really good. The guitarist and drummer (both not mine) are phenomenal for their age.

They will be at Bearnos from 5:30 - 6:30 Tuesday night playing outside across from the Yum center for the crowd going in to the show.

Stop by and hear them if you get a chance. They are all going to the show afterwards while dad packs up equipment.

Can anyone suggest how to get this info/video to someone with access to Rush......just saying they might have a minute after soundcheck and have an interest....

Is the tour manager, Liam Birt the right person. My son is the biggest Rush fan around....he's hat a 3 month calendar countdown posted on the refrigerator, marking off the days. smile.gif

Only one more day to mark off the countdown calender.

Getting stuff to them is kind of late right now. They are on the road and all so where are they??? Who really knows.

Thing is, they probably get stuff like this all the time and just don't have time to meet everyone.

I certainly hope they can get an audience with the band, just hope you aren't holding your breath on this one.

ok.. I rarely say this about cover bands.. but I like these kids!

First off.. the bass player.

She has skills. Already figuring out how to do a keyboard lead and multi-task with the bass. Very nice.

Drummer dude. Tiny kit but he pulls it off nicely.

Singer/guitarist.. not bad.

If these kids practice a lot they could just do something with music!

Sending a PM to the drummers dad. Check your box.

QUOTE (RushbyUnleashed @ Apr 4 2011, 10:08 AM)
Can anyone suggest how to get this info/video to someone with access to Rush......just saying they might have a minute after soundcheck and have an interest....

Is the tour manager, Liam Birt the right person. My son is the biggest Rush fan around....he's hat a 3 month calendar countdown posted on the refrigerator, marking off the days. smile.gif

applaudit.gif Well done guys, all three are brilliant!.....anybody goin to the gig tonight pop in & give these kids some support, they deserve it.

Tell them BRAVO from Bonnie Scotland bekloppt.gif

PS...Drummers Dad....get your Son a crash cymbal & stand for his right side....it will make his life (& fills) a whole lot easier!!..He's very good new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If you were there and caught the show they were great. There were people standing in the roadway to watch them play. Home some of you forum friends got to see them.

And then to cap off the night with Rush. It doesn't get much better than that.

Edited by jessieh

Caught a couple songs and they do sound good, even playing out on a sidewalk. Will try to catch them around town again some time.

The concert was awesome as well.