Fishing or...

troutman

I have never missed any championship games leading up to the Super Bowl going back to the 70's. But it's gonna be 35 degrees on Sunday and my friend is pressing me to go fishing. That's like paradise up here in January. I am leaning towards fishing. I haven't been in months due to the bitter cold and I am dying to get out.

Your thoughts? biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Jan 21 2011, 07:45 PM)
Go hard (fishing that is) early ... get back to watch the 2nd game, fire up the bbq, crack a cool one or six and enjoy! ... then Call in sick on monday  ph34r.gif

laugh.gif It's not that easy. It's a remote place for only the diehard's . The rest of your post I plan on doing if I go!! tongue.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jan 21 2011, 08:37 PM)
Go fishing...

There aren't any TV timeouts

laugh.gif

Just received some bad news about the river conditions. 1287.gif Ice is flowing big time down stream due to the warm weather. Which effects the fishing line and casting. Looking for another option upstream to where it's not as bad. . Fingers crossed!! trink39.gif

so Troutman, where is this fishing spot you speak of? smile.gif Ya gotta take me there sometime in the summer! I love trout fishing, even more than Salmon fishing. Heck, someone with a lobotomy can catch a salmon in Alaska, but trout fishing is a challenge. I believe trout are just a tad smarter than salmon, salmon are as dumb as dirt.

Ive actually never gone ice fishing before, strange as that may sound to someone who's lived here for 33 years.

Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jan 22 2011, 10:14 AM)
so Troutman, where is this fishing spot you speak of? smile.gif Ya gotta take me there sometime in the summer! I love trout fishing, even more than Salmon fishing. Heck, someone with a lobotomy can catch a salmon in Alaska, but trout fishing is a challenge. I believe trout are just a tad smarter than salmon, salmon are as dumb as dirt.

Ive actually never gone ice fishing before, strange as that may sound to someone who's lived here for 33 years.

i'd be living off spicy salmon rolls if i lived in alaska. tongue.gif

Simple. Fishing. trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/ca7.gif

I hate football LOL The only time I have ever even watched the Super Bowl is for the commercials lol

Edited by LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jan 22 2011, 06:14 AM)
so Troutman, where is this fishing spot you speak of?  smile.gif Ya gotta take me there sometime in the summer! I love trout fishing, even more than Salmon fishing. Heck, someone with a lobotomy can catch a salmon in Alaska, but trout fishing is a challenge. I believe trout are just a tad smarter than salmon, salmon are as dumb as dirt.

bekloppt.gif

Yeah, we need to hook up sometime soon. If I told you where it was. I would have to kill ya! laugh.gif tongue.gif

trink39.gif

Well, it looks like the football streak will stay in tact. The warm weather has caused a lot of ice to melt and big chunks are flowing down river. Which makes it virtually impossible to cast and get a good drift. Plus, it's dangerous. Hopefully by next weekend the river will be flowing a lot better. Let's hope so, I really need to go! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jan 22 2011, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jan 22 2011, 08:14 AM)

ohmy.gif confused13.gif ohmy.gif

well the reason Ive never ice fished is it's colder than sh*t here in the winter and when it does warm up a bit, it's probably not a great idea to be on the ice. So if you want to ice fish, you gotta be willing to freeze your butt off, and to me it's just not worth it. But who knows, I might try it someday, but the circumstances have gotta be right for that.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 22 2011, 03:34 PM)
Simple. Fishing. trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/ca7.gif

I hate football LOL The only time I have ever even watched the Super Bowl is for the commercials lol

you're not missing much. the commercials are getting worse and worse.

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Feb 1 2011, 09:10 PM)
It's the Green Bay Packers and fishing is the most boring thing I could imagine doing, so . . .

if you live in alaska it's anything but boring. super bowl has turned into a super freak show. it's not going to be close, the commercials are tasteless and most of the time not funny. let me guess, justin beiber at 1/2 time?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 1 2011, 05:21 PM)
It's the Green Bay Packers and fishing is the most boring thing I could imagine doing, so . . .

if you live in alaska it's anything but boring. super bowl has turned into a super freak show. it's not going to be close, the commercials are tasteless and most of the time not funny. let me guess, justin beiber at 1/2 time?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

BH obviously hasn't done any real fishing! tongue.gif BTW, I went out this past Saturday and caught a lot of Salmon. We are planning on this Saturday if it works out. I will be watching the SB for sure. trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 1 2011, 10:45 PM)

BH obviously hasn't done any real fishing! tongue.gif BTW, I went out this past Saturday and caught a lot of Salmon. We are planning on this Saturday if it works out. I will be watching the SB for sure. trink39.gif

damn that salmon must be great on the b-que with a little teriyaki marinade.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 1 2011, 10:21 PM)

Nope, Black Eyed Peas. doh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 1 2011, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 1 2011, 10:45 PM)

damn that salmon must be great on the b-que with a little teriyaki marinade.

Oh yeah!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Feb 1 2011, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 1 2011, 10:21 PM)

Nope, Black Eyed Peas. doh.gif

Now there is a real class act. 062802puke_prv.gif laugh.gif