Line 6 Pod farm and GUP guitar sound

SignatureAurora75

Can it be done? Anyone here use Pod Farm? It's way cool. It seems to nail a lot of tones of different guitarists, with the many different types of equipment in the software.

Included with Pod Farm are patches of The Camera Eye, Freewill, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Red Barchetta, Working Man, Spirit of Radio, 2112, Anthem, Passage to Bangkok.

I only wish they included tones from the middle latter 80's Alex Lifeson. Anyone here like to chase tones and/or use pod farm? I really want that GUP sound.

I don't have pod farm but I have gear box, pod farms predecessor. I can get close but not quite exact. Part of it is Alex seems to use several tacks of different tones to get his sound and I can't get that in gear box straight out. I can get it multi-tracking. Should I upgrade to pod farm? Edited by hunter

I would upgrade if you have a predecessor. However, I haven't ever messed with Gear Box. I am impressed with Pod farm and the many different types of equipment they have. There is so much you can do with the guitar and bass amps, pre-amps, cabs, distortion, dynamics, mods, delays, filters, reverbs, wahs, and EQ. A whole bunch of different equipment. However, if you want more equipment and effects you have to pay Line 6. There are hundreds of different patches of different guitarists. As I mentioned above, Alex has about 7 or 8... Right now I'm just using Audacity to record (seems easy enough). My Line 6 UX2 came with Ableton Live to record with (I havent tried it yet). Man I'm tellin ya, I've been playing The Camera Eye with this Pod farm, and the tone is like dead on. I'm sure there's a way to capture the GUP tone with Pod Farm, but my ear isn't very trained and experienced to capture it yet. Hopefully someone has made some good Alex patches they can send over.

I have POD Farm Platinum, the first version, and it has a tone called 2112, that is just ok. I created one for Subdivisions from scratch using a Marshall and something else and the Roland style stomp box chorus. I'll dig it up when I get a chance.